Thread: AKL SV

Post Thanks / Like
    ATM we've only booked a general room and am still considering upgrading to a SV but loads of peeps I know have got free upgrades and with the ecomonic climate I wonder if they will be less busy this year

What's peeps view of whether to upgrade, or to wait and see if get upgrade when get there? and if not request another room or upgrade if room available?
    August 2009 - Private Villa, Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagtazman, post: 96088
    ATM we've only booked a general room and am still considering upgrading to a SV but loads of peeps I know have got free upgrades and with the ecomonic climate I wonder if they will be less busy this year

What's peeps view of whether to upgrade, or to wait and see if get upgrade when get there? and if not request another room or upgrade if room available?
    Well the first few years after AKL was opened we were always being given upgrades, so much so that yep, we ended up taking the chance and not paying for a SV view.

I really think they've 1) become busier 2) got wise and stopped doing it so often

Upgrades seem much rarer these days. Not impossible and do still happen but seems much less frequent.

I see where you're going with the idea of booking std, trying for a free or cheap upgrade at checkin and fine but I'd say you have to ask yourself if you'd be happy to accept a view overlooking a car park or back of the resort if you don't get lucky because even if you were willing to pay at checkin, all the SV rooms may well have gone. (and some of the non-SV rooms at akl really are awfully rubbish)

Personally I'd take whatever I could get at AKL knowing that I could easily walk to a viewing window or outside anytime I wanted anyway but if it's a special trip, I'd book SV.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    personally i wouldn't stay in AKL if it wasn't for the SV rooms, that's the whole point imo so wouldn't risk it and order before.