Thread: A rocking, Christmas adventure in the Wilderness - Day 4

Post Thanks / Like
    A rocking, Christmas adventure in the Wilderness – Christmas Eve

Cast

Me – Loves all things Disney, also loves planning and writing lists.
    DH – Loves all things Disney. Hates planning and loathes my lists lol.
    DS1 – Luuuuuuvs big coasters, Goofy, Swimming and all things Star wars.
    DS2 – Is glad he is finally tall enough to get on some cool coasters. Loves all things Disney, loves my lists and is my planning buddy.

Day 4 – Christmas Eve

We are up bright and early for our ADR at the Cape May Breakfast. The beach club has a fresh intimate feel about it. I love the lobby and proclaim I want to stay here next time. The staff are all very friendly. We are shown to our table. DS2 got really excited about being allowed to draw on the table cover lol and DS1 proceeds to eat his own weight in food. I really liked the food here. The sausages were fab and probably the best eggs off all the Disney breakfasts we’ve done. The characters are good fun and do the rounds lots of times. It never felt busy or rushed. Our server was funny and full of info about the hotel. We would love to do this breakfast again, hopefully we will be staying here at the time too, wink wink!!!

We walk over the bridge to Epcot. DH heads of to The land for fast passes for Soarin, we carry on to Figment and meet a local on the way.

We do figment
    Innovations west
    Innovations east

We then head back to Canada to hear Nowell the Lumberjack tell his tale of Christmas.

Next to the UK to sing Christmas carols with Father Christmas.

Then to France to hear Pere Noelle. I really liked how he told his story. It also had a lovely message.

We headed next to hear about Kwanza in the USA but just behind DS2 clocked Santa so off we went to meet the “Real Santa”

More to come...........

Post Thanks / Like
    Some more Epcot photos.

Soon it was time to head back to Canada for our ADR at Le Cellier.
    We were seated right at the very back against the wall. I think it’s the best place as the tables in the middle are very close to each other.
    Our server Edward was so charming and lovely. He made sure we knew all about the menu but not in your face type of way. He told us all about where he was from in Canada. We were in the restaurant for over two hours. What a fab meal.

Sorry no food pics, woops!!!!

I had – A Beef tomato stack starter. It was very fresh and tasty. For main I had New York strip steak which was cooked to perfection and for pudding I had Apple-Rhubarb Crumble. I was too full for this so can’t remember if it was good.

DH had - Spicy Chicken and Chipotle Sausage. He felt it a bit overpowering but did say the polenta helped. For main he had the Mushroom Filet Mignon, which he loved and for pudding like me he had the Apple-Rhubarb Crumble

DS1 had – Cheese soup which he loved. For main he had the New York Strip and loved it and for pudding he had ice-cream sundae from the children’s menu.

DS2 had – a cup of cheese soup. He ate some but said it would be better if it had macaroni in it. For main he had a kid’s grilled steak which he loved and for pudding he had the ice-cream sundae too.

After our meal it was time to queue for the Candle light processional. I was quite happy to stand and wait in line as I had eaten too much lol

The carol service was fantastic and our narrator Steven Curtis Chapman was very charismatic. Both my boys play the violin and were well chuffed we were seated right in front of the violin section of the Disney Orchestra lol At one point the conductor turned to the audience and led us all in a rendition of Silent night.

I think it was a lovely thing to do on Christmas Eve as it made us feel like it wasn’t just another park day. Our normal Christmas eves are spent in the Church.

After we are herded out feeling all warm and fuzzy we start to head back to the car at the beach club on the way illuminations begins so we stop on the bridge to watch and we end up feeling even more warm and fuzzy.

Back to the hotel and straight to bed.

Thanks for reading xxxxx

Post Thanks / Like
    A lovely, lovely day

Post Thanks / Like
    We are going to have breakfast at Cape may this year - we have done dinner there but never breakfast - the food looks good

I would just love christmas at Epcot it all looks so perfect. The CP photos gave me goosebumps - I can only imagine how I would feel to actually be there

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Isnt the real Santa Claus from Norway?

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!