Thread: A rocking, Christmas adventure in the Wilderness - Day 6

Post Thanks / Like
    A rocking, Christmas adventure in the Wilderness - Boxing Day

Cast

Me – Loves all things Disney, also loves planning and writing lists.
    DH – Loves all things Disney. Hates planning and loathes my lists lol.
    DS1 – Luuuuuuvs big coasters, Goofy, Swimming and all things Star wars.
    DS2 – Is glad he is finally tall enough to get on some cool coasters. Loves all things Disney, loves my lists and is my planning buddy.

Boxing Day

This was supposed to be our shopping day but no one was really caring about that.

We have a tradition at home on Boxing Day where we stay in our PJs the whole day and only eat leftovers lol.:tongue:

The kids wanted to do that today so although we were awake quite early we all just lay in bed and watched Wizards of Waverley place on the Disney channel. New episodes too I might add as my DS2 kept telling us lol

This was great but at about 10 am the kids were starting to wonder if being in the pool would be more fun. Heeheeheehee! So DH and the boys headed to the pool. It was an absolutely stunning day. It truly felt like we were here in the summer.

I did Mum stuff. We didn’t over pack on the shorts with it being December so needed to keep washing them.

In the afternoon the boys decided enough sun already and thought Disney Quest was called for. I needed a bath lol to much information there, sorry lol they headed off in the car and said I would catch the bus and see them down there after I had tamed my hair lol.

After fun was had at Disney quest we decided to try the new T-Rex place. DS2 had saved part of his Birthday money to build a dinosaur. DS1 loves science and geography and was most impressed that the geode was real.
    We only waited about 15 mins for a seat which wasn’t too bad I thought. We were seated just out side the ice cave near a lovely big fish tank.

The food was typical American style. We all enjoyed what we had.

It was now time to build the dino. The place was packed and I thought it might not be as much fun as it should be, but the staff were fab. Anyone who has built a bear before knows the routine. Pick a dino, pick a sound, pick out his heart, say the magic words, stuff him with fluff, hug him to life, fluff him under the fluffer, buy outrageously priced clothes and shoes for him and last but not least register his name on the computer so Mum and Dad can receive tons and tons of useless emails from the company lol

I must say though, I thought all in all this place was cheaper than at home. DS2s Dino cost under $50

More to come........

Post Thanks / Like
    Next we headed to the shops and DS1 spent hours in the Lego shop lol Ooohing and Ahhhing at the Star Wars Lego.
    I must say though, I wasn’t inspired by anything this year. I found the shops to be very generic and overpriced. I was wishing we had hit the malls in the morning.

After that DS2 played in the fountains for a while. Then we headed back to the hotel just in time to see the ELP from our balcony. Watched some more TV and went to sleep lol

lol What a rubbish photo.

Oh! DS2 named his Dino Orlandosaurus. Orly for short and he loves him to bits.

We really liked today, It felt really chilled.

Thanks for reading.

Post Thanks / Like
    Orlandosaurus, love it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oooooooh I want that Millenium Falcon.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love Orly! Great choice of outfit

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    cool name!! i love it when you can have a day at 'disney' without touching a park