Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DVC point to rent?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys

Does anyone have any point i can rent? -i am looking to stay at Broad Walk on the 4 Sept 09 for 4 nights i need 2 rooms as there is 6 adults going.

Please pm me if you can help.

Thanks

Jeanette
    xx

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Jeanette. I've not ever rented points, and don't have any to rent, just wanted to caution you on renting them overall. I've heard some pretty sad stories about how people who wanted to rent paid for the points and then never got what they paid for.

I don't pretend to know all the ins and outs, just want you to be safe, ok?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    What is a rented point?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_W, post: 96260
    What is a rented point?
    basically someone who is unable to use their DVC points will offer them up for rent to other people because if they don't the points expire.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 96248
    Hello Jeanette. I've not ever rented points, and don't have any to rent, just wanted to caution you on renting them overall. I've heard some pretty sad stories about how people who wanted to rent paid for the points and then never got what they paid for.

I don't pretend to know all the ins and outs, just want you to be safe, ok?
    Thanks for the warniing hun, i have decided not to go dwon this route and have been in touch with val, hopefully she will help me.

xx

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, I'm sure Val will be a great help!!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Also, good luck getting into BWV. Hard, hard place to get or at least in my attempts it has been. Of course, my attempts have never really been as far out as they should be. But it is a popular place.
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Really? See now, we never have a problem with that place. Must be because we don't like it! Seems like any time we call for a villa (short notice in particular) there is something available at BWV.

We like BCV, and that one can be hard to get, at least in our experience.

One time I called on a lark to see if I could get anything THAT WEEK. I got BWV. I called back before we got there and asked if we could change the reservation around (still staying at BWV but for longer period) and was able to do it!

I've always had the impression that it's the place where people stay when they can't get any place other place.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's really odd! We joined DVC in '02 & i've been trying to stay at BWV since & can never get in! I do know BCV (which thank god is myhome resort) is also hard to get into but because I can book further out I've not had any problems. What size room do you usually get? maybe it's the 1BR's that book up faster than studios or 2BR's.
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    We get the one bedroom. Seriously, rarely have a problem. Most recently we stayed at BWV in September for the first weekend of the FWF. We had Seth and his Da and the Girlfriend with us. We called like maybe two weeks out?

We really wanted BCV but they only had BWV and two studios open at OKW. We almost went with OKW but they couldn't guarantee that the studios would be near each other, so we took the one bedroom at BWV.

Too weird, huh?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast