Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rose and Crown?

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone been to the UK rose and crown recently? is it any good or should we pick somewhere else and if so WHERE?

Post Thanks / Like
    We were there last week. We both had the leek & potato soup with the cheesey bread they bring out for you....delicious...DH asked for more bread. We then both had the fish and chips. These were nicer than the counter service in the UK section. You get three decent sized pieces of cod and the chips were lovely and chunky. I have photos which will be going in my trip report of that day.

Post Thanks / Like
    We've always enjoyed our meals at the Rose and Crown, although to be honest we've not eaten there in some time. One of my favorites is their bangers and mash. Their fish and chips is far nicer than the one at the take away stand.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    We just ate there last week & tho it wasn't hugely disappointing I don't think I'd do it again. Our service was great but the fish (& we only got two pieces??) was very bland I thought. I just couldn't squeeze out enough lemon to give it any taste. It was very white & fluffy but I just didn't care for it. Of course that's not the only thing on the menu
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I know it is really sad but we like to eat there one or twice just to get some decent veg - never liked the chips at Harry Ramsdens they always have the beer battered ones for some reason

Post Thanks / Like
    They have vegetables at the Rose and Crown? :wink:

Seriously, I've not ever noticed! LOL.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    They don't have British food.

Post Thanks / Like
    I havent been ther ein a few years, but when we ate there the food was delicious and the servers were extra polite!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigThunder, post: 96675
    We just ate there last week & tho it wasn't hugely disappointing I don't think I'd do it again. Our service was great but the fish (& we only got two pieces??) was very bland I thought. I just couldn't squeeze out enough lemon to give it any taste. It was very white & fluffy but I just didn't care for it. Of course that's not the only thing on the menu
    BT, I wonder...did you eat there for lunch or dinner? If it was lunch...perhaps their portions are smaller? Just a guess...that's odd

I will say, I have always enjoyed the Rose & Crown

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 96961
    They don't have British food.

Now THAT is vert true not what I'd call British food anyway - but matthew always likes the grilled chicken mashed potato and peas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast