Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

NW UK, handy for the Lakes, Dales, Peak District a
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there, rocking chair buddy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Gotta question for you Steve... I remember when you first started out on this Orlando map venture, you weren't sure if it was going to be a success or not because it really was a first of its kind. Has it been a runaway success? or have you been disappointed that it hasn't generated as much interest from bookstores etc? I do have to say though that I couldn't go to Orlando without one of your maps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crayola DeVille, post: 97365
    Gotta question for you Steve... I remember when you first started out on this Orlando map venture, you weren't sure if it was going to be a success or not because it really was a first of its kind. Has it been a runaway success? or have you been disappointed that it hasn't generated as much interest from bookstores etc? I do have to say though that I couldn't go to Orlando without one of your maps.
    During a holiday in Orlando, and finding that all the maps available were rubbish, I decided to do something about it. After many hours of research and drafting etc, I had the map files all ready to go off to be printed. This was the point of no return, because I had to pay hard-earned pennies to the Printers at this point - not knowing if I would ever break even and cover my costs, let alone make a profit LOL.

After the initial hundred or so sales, things slowed down with just a few orders a day . . and it did indeed take at least a year to finally re-coup my investment. But it showed, that with a lot of hard work, that the map was needed and could be a success.

Anyway, it's now in its third edition and has evolved into quite a success story. After all the initial soul searching about covering costs etc; when the new third edition came out last year, I had covered my printing costs after 4 hours of it going on sale Now that's pretty good by anyone's standards.

It's also now recommended by Simon Veness of the Brit's Guide, and indeed, Foulsham (his publishers) asked me to re-design all the maps appearing in the 2009 guide.

So, it's been a long, hard road . . . but it's well established now and with some pro-active marketing (and a bit of luck) I'm sure I can get more press coverage during 2009. The whole project is STILL my little baby, and I really appreciate all the wonderful feedback that I regularly get. And being a Disney fan, just like everyone here, makes my little map even more special to me
    Steve

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

My Orlando Tourist Map: www.orlandomaps.co.uk

NW UK, handy for the Lakes, Dales, Peak District a
    Post Thanks / Like
    ... and if you need any paid assistants to get coffee in while you're out there, checking roads etc....

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Steve

Welcome.

Must be great to have a job that you love & that you know will benefit many other people

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for that Steve... was just wondering also if WH Smiths and others would take on your map, because it really is THAT good.

Post Thanks / Like
    well i oredered my map yesterday and it has arrived this morning, now that is fantastic service. It looks fantastic Steve, thank you, just can't wait to use it now

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and I'm another person who has one of your maps

Glad you decided to join our Disney family

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Steve, and :18: - seems like you have a lot of fans of your map here. Nice to have you on board!
    Next trip - Bali! (March 2015)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234