Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: earth hour 2009

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.earthhour.org/about

wouldn't it be great if everyone did it................

Post Thanks / Like
    Be sure to read through the entire message. It's not until you get to the end that you realize they are calling for you to turn your lights OFF. :)

I assumed as much so was confused at the opening paragraph where it wasn't made clear.

Nice initiative, Brit. Thanks for letting us know about it! I'll put it on the calendar and hope it makes a difference!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    i did it last year but didn't know about it until the last minute. I found people were either for or against- no happy medium. I'm not wishing to preach, just to let people know it is occuring.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried to get everyone to do this on a couple of forums last year and you wouldn't believe the grief i got.

I will be joining you again this year though Julie.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's just silly, to give you grief. It's an initiative! If someone wants to participate, fine! If they don't that's ok too. I appreciate having the information so I can make my own decision.

Heck, if Brit hadn't told me about it here, I might not ever have heard about it.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't know they were doing it again this year either so i'm gratefull to Julie too.

I just re read some of the threads from my last year's thread 'elsewhere' and the amount of sarcasm and hints of 'it's a waste of time' are unbelievable!

Post Thanks / Like
    i know but we aint gonna get that here that's what i meant by not wishing to preach. If you want to........brilliant, if not then please respect my and others' right to.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm right with you hun.

Can i keep the tv on though please?

Thinking about it a lot of my bulbs have gone anyway so darkness isn't unusual here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizneyblonde, post: 97062
    I'm right with you hun.

Can i keep the tv on though please?

Thinking about it a lot of my bulbs have gone anyway so darkness isn't unusual here!
    how about just your laptop? we can keep you entertained! it's only an hour after all! hope you're replacing them with energy saving ones!

Post Thanks / Like
    We will try again this year Owen permitting!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast