Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy Obama Day!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wait I've got it. Franklin D Roosevelt leased it from the Cuban government that included Batista. And the US has never gotten round to giving it back. Actually it's an open ended agreement that can only be ended by mutual consent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine is easier to read.

I'm more of a missile crisis expert for that part of the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lightweight.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Pre FDR. He renewed the lease. :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Teddy signed the Platt Amendment but that was annulled so a new treaty was negotiated.

I've missed these history discussions. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    I love history

The military is holding these people as detainees because they can. The military has a whole other code of rules that have nothing to do with the Constitution.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 98994

The military is holding these people as detainees because they can. The military has a whole other code of rules that have nothing to do with the Constitution.
    and sometimes they need them but this has gotten ridiculous.

Post Thanks / Like
    so called terrorists but I guess the Republicans are throwing a tissey from what I have seen on the news . I just wanted your opinioin, I wasn't questioning Obamas judgment for our safety . But I do have to admit there are a couple of presumed to be masterminds in GB and some in the cabinet don't want them in there backyard . I didn't mean to stir up a controversy .

Post Thanks / Like
    You didn't Sister Tinker. Not to worry. :) We just like to have a good ol' history/politics discussion from time to time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank You, Sister Tink . I just want to add .
    In yesterdays paper ... Associated Press ... Washington DC .
    EX TERROR SUSPECT NOW TERRORIST LEADER
    A released GB terror detainee has re- emerged as an Al Quaida commander in Yemeni branch of Al Quaida . .
    A US counterterror confirmed Friday that said, Ali Shihri that was jailed for six years at GB after his capture in Pakistan, has resurfaced as a leader of the Yemeni branch of Al Quaida .
    Now what were we saying about fair trials and presumed innocent until otherwise .
    Even the ones that were innocent upon capture, what they have endured and seen in eight years in captivity are sure to be out to get us . As soon as they are released, Lookout !!!
    BTW, I LoVe Obama and I'm pulling for him .
    Using the words of a long time business owner here in our town that has now passed on ... Send the planes in and drop an atomic bomb on all those b@str@ds . This was right after 911 . RIP Tony !!!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast