Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Happy Obama Day!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd not be too happy with anyone who kept me captive for six years either.

The AP is often a sensationalist rag, Sister Tinker.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to Know , Sister Tink ! I guess the ole' saying goes 'eh' you can't believe everything you read .
    At least Obama has it right , our fight is and should have always been looking to destroy Al Quaida and Bin Laden .
    Not the senseless loss of life we have endured in Iraq .

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to agree with that Sister Tinker.

I don't want to open a can of worms or start a huge debate with anyone, but I honestly believe that the time to prevent the events of 9/11/01 came BEFORE it happened. We needed more diplomacy between ourselves and the perpetrators of those events. We would have been better served in working to diffuse a tense situation prior to their gaining the power and the strength to deal those blows. Ugh. Enough on that from me.

But, invading Iraq when clearly the cells were in Afghanistan was completely senseless to me. I have a family member that has done two tours of Iraq (active duty) and thank heaven returned home alive each time. He said that although he clearly loves his country (career Military) he could see early in the first tour that we should not have been there.

He said the Iraqi people in general are sweet, generous and kind. They bore (early days) no ill will to the US, but that has since changed. :( When he returned for his second tour, they had become suspicious and aggressive toward all outsiders. Some of that was in response to the terrible abuses of their citizens at the hands of our "security" forces and Military personnel. :(

It's never clean and simple, is it?

If we were going to "go after" those responsible for 9/11/01 then we should have focused on the areas where those cells were known to be, and not make up excuses for invading a country that clearly had nothing to do with those events.

Was Saddam Hussein a horrible person? Yes. But you know what? There are many horrible dictators abusing the people of their countries and we don't go after them.

Haiti is a perfect example of how we could go in and stop true terror and abuse of innocent people, yet we do nothing. Same with the Congo and Rwanda regions...

Ugh!!! Trying to stop now...

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I Agree and we'll leave it at that . Nice to know we are on the same page . I certainly don't want to fire anything up either .

Post Thanks / Like
    Like the sensible women we are... :D :D

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Even the ones that were innocent upon capture, what they have endured and seen in eight years in captivity are sure to be out to get us . As soon as they are released, Lookout !!!
    Sorry to be contentious, but whose fault is that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 99277
    I Was Saddam Hussein a horrible person? Yes. But you know what? There are many horrible dictators abusing the people of their countries and we don't go after them.
    *cough*OIL*cough*

Post Thanks / Like
    thats what I'm saying Dawn, Obama has one hell of a mess to clean up and my thoughts are with him
    I was watching CNN, last night , a previously recorded meeting between Obama and his staff, he spoke of the economy, this one Repub senator was giving him very shifty looks and finally spoke out against him ...
    I Loved it , he looked him straight in the face and said ... remember whom is president !!! I was like, you know its about time, he needs to do what he needs to do and I believe Yes He/We Can !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Did he really say "whom"??

That is soooo British.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast