Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 76

Thread: Happy Obama Day!

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    5,436
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm actually quite excited about today!





  2. #2
    Senior Member mumof2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    9,051
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm have This Morning on in the background and they're talking about it right now - there *is* an excitement about today!!




  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,246
    Post Thanks / Like
    Me too! I'm glad I'm not working today as I'm really looking forward to sitting down this afternoon and watching the formal stuff happen.






  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,108
    Post Thanks / Like


    President Obama






    Doesn't that sound good . So excited to watch History take place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    1,799
    Post Thanks / Like
    It will be 3am local time here - so forgive me if I don't stay up to watch! :)

    But I am just as happy and looking forward to watching the reports when I wake up!

    Night night all - Happy Obama Day!
    Next trip - Bali! (March 2015)

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Berkshire UK
    Posts
    5,026
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mumof2, post: 97222
    I'm have This Morning on in the background and they're talking about it right now - there *is* an excitement about today!!
    The man on This Morning - Ian Manners lives just up the road from me, he is quite a celebrity around here - that is my claim to fame even though I haven't met him and his relationship to Barack is so complicated I can't even begin to decipher it. His daughter is at the ceremony today though :)






    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    5,436
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, can I impress people by saying I know LisaW how knows of a person who knows Mr Obama?





  8. #8
    Senior Member mumof2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    9,051
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaw, post: 97235
    The man on This Morning - Ian Manners lives just up the road from me, he is quite a celebrity around here - that is my claim to fame even though I haven't met him and his relationship to Barack is so complicated I can't even begin to decipher it. His daughter is at the ceremony today though :)

    yes i saw him, I'm not sure how he's related, but I saw his daughter is there

    Quote Originally Posted by Claire, post: 97243
    Ok, can I impress people by saying I know LisaW how knows of a person who knows Mr Obama?

    excellent thinking! I can say that too




  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Berkshire UK
    Posts
    5,026
    Post Thanks / Like
    Go for it

    I think the daughter went to my twos school for a while because a friend who lives near him had some hand me down school uniform from her - she wouldn't let her kids wear it as it was too precious

    Getting a bit complicated now isn't it?






    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,246
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't you love that 6 degrees thing? You are only ever 6 people away from anyone in the world? :)






Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •