Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's at celebration?

Post Thanks / Like
    As per wikipedia (Im bored and have nothing else to do!)

Sticker shock is a United States term for the feeling of surprise experienced by consumers upon finding unexpectedly high prices on the price tags (stickers) of products they are considering purchasing. The term is commonly thought to have originated with high automobile sticker prices in the U.S. in the late 1970s or early 1980s, as inflation and increasing government regulation of automotive safety and environmental issues greatly increased car prices.

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    So what would happen if you did leave your garage door up longer and broke some rules continously?.... What do they do.... beat your ass out of town with sticks?

Post Thanks / Like
    Sort of. They'll fine you and if you don't pay the fines they will put a lien against your house. With continued violation of the HOA rules you will get continued fines that increase over time. Depending upon the type of rule you are violating, you can actually be forced to move.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Bliddy hell..... whilst that's good for yobbish types it's abit harsh.

Post Thanks / Like
    i think these rules for neighborhoods all began with good intent. I mean, our first house was in a nice neighborhood but yet we had this neighbor that was, well, very white trash. For a year, a delapidated, rusted out car sat out on blocks in front of his house on the street. There was nothing that could be done because this tiny neighborhood of 10 houses had no ordinances so even tho everyone else kept a nice & neat house we all had to endure these folks (& i was lucky enough to live beside of them). The other thing I recall (of oh so many things) that nearly put me over the edge was when he hung up his deer he'd killed hunting & gutted them in his front yard. It was horrible, I couldn't stand those people.
    But common sense rules, like, no car on blocks in your front yard, have now turned into insane rules like you can't own a pick up truck. Snooty for snottys sake I suppose, idk.
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 1941 Willies in my yard...rims but no tires...it runs but has no seats... and its under a tarp..

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    you have 1941 willies in your yard?
    thats an aweful lot of willies lol
    steve

Post Thanks / Like
    I finally managed to get hold of one of the books about Celebration and it's origins.

For any Disney fans who like the finer detail this is a very interesting and fascinating read, 'Celebration, USA - Living in Disney's Brave New Town'.

I can't wait to visit and see how much it's changed from the original concept. All those restrictions sound perfect to me!!!!
    We may all grow old but don't ever grow up xxxxx

Post Thanks / Like
    I was always a bit creeped out by the idea of Celebration sounded a bit 'Stepford' to me

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast