Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone miss the OLD cinemas

Post Thanks / Like
    i hate the cinema full stop. You have to sit in uncomfortable seats with other people sitting right next to sniffing and coughing and munching bah humbug

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 97372
    oh god yeah when i took me mum to see titanic she said after about an hor when does the ice cream lady come round

do you remember staurday morning pictures too
    yes mick i also remember when our local cinema had a special saturday morning sponsored by pg tips (the monkey tea)
    you had to take and empty tea box and got in free and there were lots of prizes all to do with the monkeys

also does any one remember the terible adverts for the local indian/chineese restaurants
    steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Herself and I have become members here. It's a wicked cool place! http://www.enzian.org/

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    We had two theaters in our town: the Isis and the Sipe. One screen each.
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Post Thanks / Like
    The films currently showing at the Enzian aren't much to write home about unless you are into retro stuff (which we aren't) but they also have some great independent films or films that aren't widely shown in mainstream theatres.

It's the experience more than anything. The menu there is really nice!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I would love go one of those midnight showings of Rocky Horror Picture Show, that I've heard so much about. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Btw, that menu for your place looks great Tink. Bring on the nachos!

Post Thanks / Like
    The menu really is good, Billie. It would be a great place for Rocky Horror!! The seating is cool, we reserve a table. Like I said, we aren't into retro (reruns by any other name) and that is what is playing right now (since Milk ended) but they do have nice films throughout the year.

We like their film festivals too. The Florida Film Festival features Cat Cora. :9: We are too excited to be going to THAT! :D :D (Yeah, it's always back to food with us).

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I like both. The stadium seating at the new theaters is the best imo. No more 6'4 dudes (like my husband) blocking the views, plus they seem roomier with the lift up arm rests in case you want to snuggle with your kid or better half.

But the old ones do have such charm. We have one in town called the Keith-Albee. I tried to find a good pic to post here but the ones on google were all tiny. It's huge & very old & has a very spooky feel to it. The bathrooms are in the basement & i would never go to them alone, lol. It's now being used for live performances & very few at that because...you guessed it.... a cineplex came into town & shut it plus two other small theaters down. Sometimes progress is rough.

I have no memory of intermissions or ice cream ladies. When we were at Sci Fi my husband & i were discussing the intermission thing. He remembers them.
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't say as I remember intermission at films.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast