Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let Me Explain The Weather In The Midwest

Post Thanks / Like
    60 above zero: Floridians turn on the heat. Midwesterns plant gardens.

50 above zero: Californians shiver uncontrollably. People are sunbathing in the Midwest.

40 above zero: Import cars won't start. Midwesterns drive with the sunroof open.

32 above zero: Distilled water freezes. The water in the Midwest gets thicker.

20 above zero: New Mexicans don long johns, parkas and wool hats & mittens. Midwesterns throw on a flannel shirt.

15 above zero: New York landlords finally turn on the heat. People in the Midwest have one last cookout before it gets cold.

Zero: People in Miami all die. People in the Midwest close the windows.

10 below zero: Californians fly away to Mexico . Midwesterns dig their winter coats out of storage.

25 below zero: Hollywood disintegrates. Girl Scouts in the Midwest still selling cookies door to door.

40 below zero: Washington , D.C. finally runs out of hot air. People in the Midwest let their dogs sleep indoors.

100 below zero: Santa Claus abandons the North Pole. Midwesterns get upset because the Mini-Van won't start.

460 below zero: ALL atomic motion stops (absolute zero on the Kelvin scale). People in the Midwest can be heard to say, "Cold 'nuff fer ya?"

500 below zero: You know where freezes over. The public schools in the Midwest open 2 hours late.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like the midwest! :D

My relatives always melt here in the spring--when we're thankful it's only 90 degrees!

And I was thankful that it was about 60 degrees when I got up this morning. The first morning in about 7 weeks that I haven't had to turn up the heat!

Post Thanks / Like
    Taj hun, 60 degrees is swimming weather :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy, post: 98101
    Taj hun, 60 degrees is swimming weather :D
    Not even close here! Unless you have a heated pool!

I took the day off yesterday to take advantage of our warm weather to clean the pool. I really detest sticking my arm in the cold water to connect the vacuum--and then being sprayed by the wicked cold water water in the hose while cleaning the filter!

Pool water temperature was 56 degrees yesterday when I tested and adjusted the chemicals.

Post Thanks / Like
    My pool is closed up, covered in about 10 inches of snow, and the water inside is most probably all frozen solid. Even in the Midwest we do have our limits

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy, post: 98097
    50 above zero: Californians shiver uncontrollably. People are sunbathing in the Midwest.
    40 above zero: Import cars won't start. Midwesterns drive with the sunroof open.
    32 above zero: Distilled water freezes. The water in the Midwest gets thicker.
    20 above zero: New Mexicans don long johns, parkas and wool hats & mittens. Midwesterns throw on a flannel shirt.
    15 above zero: New York landlords finally turn on the heat. People in the Midwest have one last cookout before it gets cold.

The Midwest and East Anglia have a lot in common.

When we were in Scotland DH & I were on the beach, whilst my hardy Scottish cousins shivered into their thick coats.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    So true isn't it?!

Post Thanks / Like
    in south carolina they had a frost and schools closed!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll have you know I had to DEFROST my windshield this morning! I was NOT amused.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Tink, I had a couple of those days down there. Seems so unfair right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast