Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Best Tip Ever

Post Thanks / Like
    In my humble opinion

Alysia and I went over to Toon Town to meet Tinkerbell and the other fairies. The wait time said 60 minutes. Ack....but we wanted to meet Tink so we waited. The line for the princesses was 15 minutes. Except no one was in line.

So......i told Alysia to go over to the princess line and meet them while I held our spot in the fairy line. She came back and then I went to meet the princesses. We killed two birds with one stone The CM was very impressed

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    ya know, i've thought about doing that before but worried that people would get hateful when my husband or daughters tried to make their way back up the line to where I was. Did that happen? I mean, it's not like I'd be doing anything wrong but I just worry too much, lol.
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope, no dirty looks. I wouldn't worry about it either. It's not like we had a huge group coming in.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    that's true. would you ever be brave to do this in the line for a ride?? or do you think that would be rude in that situation?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I see people do that all the time in line for rides. I haven't done it for a ride and probably wouldn't.

Post Thanks / Like
    i get tempted more for rides than anything because it will be a huge line & one of my kids or the husband will have to go to the bathroom & I'll think about just getting in line because I know I'm not gonna get to the front before they get back but i've never even suggested it because I'm afraid people would get huffy or hateful.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think people are ok with the bathroom thing. I only get annoyed when there are 1 or 2 people in front of me and all of a sudden 10 more people get in line. A couple of people wouldn't bother me at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    We went to see Tink a few weeks ago, we thought it odd that there were so many middle aged men on their own in the line, then it became apparent they were the "place holders" for their families who were off in the other line meeting the princesses and then cut back into the line to join Dad to see Tink and the fairies without waiting.

Sorry, I may be in the minority, but I do find it annoying when you think there are only 4 or 5 people in line in front of you then another dozen or more appear and sneak under the rope. It kind of defeats the purpose of queuing. I'm surprised a cast member condoned it.
    ~ don't you just love smilies & tickers ~

Post Thanks / Like
    Having family members who cannot stand on line for any length of time, and refuse to use WCs we hold places.

I think it depends upon the situation. When we queued for the fairies at Christmas, there was quite a group of us and some of us kept going off here and there (bathroom, snacks, etc). No one seemed to mind too much (and the majority of us did stay on line).

The family members who cannot stand on line well have held places for us for parades. We'll join them at an appointed time...

I don't know what the correct answer is, but I do know that we share the task of standing on line in our family.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    thats a great tip

I think it great when you have 2 parents and one small child or one parent and an older child....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast