Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Freaky Friday

Post Thanks / Like
    off to a burns night supper tonight, got to wear a long frock and heels

Post Thanks / Like
    I think we've decided to go for a digital piano. They don't need tuning every 6 months and take up less space, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah we wanted that as well but Thomas' Pianoteacher got all about it

Post Thanks / Like
    Oooh Steven's teacher says as long as it's got weighted keys and 88 of them then go for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 98659
    off to a burns night supper tonight, got to wear a long frock and heels
    It's nice to get dressed up now and again. I guess this isn't one of those nights??

You could always cause mayhem and wear the catsuit? ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Skywatcher and Lisa

I have my little Lily who is severely dyslexic. She is on a level 7 on a scale of 1-10. We have had a huge battle to get any help at school, as Bucks LEA don't recognise Dyslexia. The fight is still going on and we have or l should say l have had a huge fight. The school insisted that she was short sighted ................... and here i have to explain about myself.
    I want you all to know because at some point l would hope to meet you. I have an eye condition called Nystagmus. I'm sure the good Doc could explain better. I have very poor muscle control so my eyes move. ADD into this that l am very short sighted (Unable to drive). So the school tried to insist her eyes were a problem and we said trust us don't you we have had all our childrens eyes tested since 1 month old.
    I'm so embarrased and off now, Sorry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Siobhan

Please don't be embarrassed...thanks for sharing. You don't know who that information would help It's so frustrating that people won't listen to you. It's also ridiculous to have such widely differing policies in schools, and having to fight for what is your child's right!

My friend's company does a lot of training in schools and colleges (I used to run some courses for her) and part of what she does is to train teachers and school staff to understand and deal with dyslexic and dyspraxic children.

I got so mad at that MP a couple of weeks back who tried to say dyslexia doesn't exist

Post Thanks / Like
    I've always said that I am borderline dyslexic. I jumble stuff up sometimes. Not enough to be a huge problem but often enough to have to double check the checkbook and phones.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    How can they say it doesn't exist???!!!

Have these people actually sat down and worked with these children?? Not only does it exist but it is more prevalent than many people think.

Post Thanks / Like
    Weighed keys?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast