Thread: Pin guy at EPCOT

Post Thanks / Like
    Saw this dude coming from afar as we were inside the exit area of the meet 'n greet section in Future World. At first I was a tad bit frightened but he ended up being just a nice guy who REALLY REALLY liked to show off his pin collection. His coat with the sleeves cut off had pins covering it front & back. Imagine how heavy this was! And keep in mind this was in JULY!!

[SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup, I've seen him before , BT . Theres also a guy & gal that walk along with huge vests like that . Real, Nice People ! The guy that you show attends the pin events .

Post Thanks / Like
    He was very sweet & didn't mind us taking his picture. Of course, you come to EPCOT dressed like that I guess you are looking for a little attention & some conversation, lol. I can't tote around a lanyard all day because my neck hurts, i just can't imagine that coat!

Post Thanks / Like
    awww, i bet he loves the attention!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow that must be very heavy - I would be worried about losing them - or is there an insiders way of securing them better? Those rubber Mickey backs seem to fall of all the time.

He looks like a really sweet man

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaw, post: 98612
    Wow that must be very heavy - I would be worried about losing them - or is there an insiders way of securing them better? Those rubber Mickey backs seem to fall of all the time.

He looks like a really sweet man
    He was, I felt kinda sorry for him after he left. Idk, I just had a feeling he was lonely. My whole gang sure ooh'd & ahhh'd over his pins enough to make his day tho!

Yes, those rubber mickey's do fall off. Not as bad as the old/original metal backing but still, my husband loses at least 1 or 2 pins every trip. I'm not sure if those locking ones do any better or not. I bought him some for xmas one year & he never got around to trying them.