Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We only wanted a meal . . . .

Post Thanks / Like
    Pizza Hut Ė Lord Street, Southport
    Yesterday evening five of us having seen the adverts on TV for Pizza Hutís pasta meals decided to try them. We were two families Liz & I and Daughter, partner and 8 year old grand daughter.
    We ordered:-
    Liz :- Garlic bead with cheese & tagliatelle carbonara
    Me:- Garlic bread with cheese & Salmon pasta bake
    Daughter:- Chicken wings and Garlic bread with cheese to share
    Tagliatelli Carbonara
    DDs partner:- Farmhouse pizza
    Grand daughter:- Chiken strips from the childrens menue

First to arrive was Lizís Garlic bread (4 slices) which she and I shared while waiting for the next plateful. Then the chicken wings arrived with 2 slices of garlic bread and an apology that there was no more garlic bread.
    Five minutes later we were told there was no more pasta so no main meal. Pizza arrived. The three of us on pasta chose chicken ceasar salad. Ten minutes later we were informed that there was no chicken left. As we didnít want a pizza it left Liz and I with nothing on the menu to choose. Daughter had bacon and salad.
    Liz found spaghetti bolognaise on the kids menu. Guess what Ė no more kids meals. What about the grand daughters meal we had already ordered Ė sorry no chicken so no meal. She had ice-cream instead.
    When we asked what they did have we were told there might be one deep pan base left but no chicken if we wanted that as a topping. At this point we gave up and went to McDonalds having spent nearly 2 hours trying to get a meal.
    As Pizza Hut is a nationwide chain with a standard menu with a lot of media advertising I think there are a lot of questions to be answered.
    I should add that we had no complaints with the wait-on staff but a very strong letter is being sent to their HO.

Sorry for the long rant.

Everyone needs a hug in the morning
    and one at the end of the day.
    As many as possible squeezed in between
    to keep lifes troubles at bay.

Whatís another word for Thesaurus?

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry you had a bad experience, I've had the same in that very restaurant it's weird the way they accept the orders as if they've no idea what they have and havent got.

If we're going to pizza hut we usually give the Lord street one a miss and go to the one at Ocean Plaza these days
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    We tried Ocean Plaza first but there was a 45 min wait.

Everyone needs a hug in the morning
    and one at the end of the day.
    As many as possible squeezed in between
    to keep lifes troubles at bay.

Whatís another word for Thesaurus?

Post Thanks / Like
    Good heavens!
    I'd be sending a letter too!

We had a rather serious problem in a Pizza Hut some time ago. They sent us a coupon for a free pizza (which we ended up never using) but the thought was there.

Do write. That much "unavailability" is unacceptable.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.Ē ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh that is terrible :( I would be writing too :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you know it would be funny if it wasn't true. :(

Post Thanks / Like
    pure incompetence! manager wants sacking! I wonder if Pizza hut is in trouble

Post Thanks / Like
    That's just insane. So you basically walked in, ordered food, only to have been told they have just tap water available.

I'm sorry and would also be writing a letter

Post Thanks / Like
    Ooh I know where to go for some tap water now... if I ever feel like shelling out for it that is :( It's completely mad isn't it?

Post Thanks / Like
    We had a rather similar experience at the Winter Garden Village (new shopping area near us) when the shops and restaurants all first opened. I don't honestly remember when, but it was somewhere around late spring (hadn't started the diet yet).

I'd been away, and while gone had a lovely dinner at Macaroni Grill in South Carolina. When I returned home, I wanted to share that nice experience with Herself so we went to the Macaroni Grill at WGV.

We ordered, me the same dish (pasta and chicken) and Herself the filet mignon. The dishes arrived and they were cold. Not warm, not tepid. Cold. We waited for our server who was non-existant, and finally flagged down a busser and asked for our server. She tried to find the server, but ended up taking our plates back to the kitchen.

She then returned them a bit later. The serving dishes were hot on one side, cold on the other and the food was still cold. Also, the pasta based dish that I had ordered bore no resemblance to the one that I'd had previously in SC.

The GM finally finds his way to us, we explain that we aren't thrilled (in a chatty sort of way) and essentially, we end up with no resolution. So, we ask for take out boxed to pack up our cold food. We'll take it home and heat it for eating later. Well, Herself asked, I didn't want my dish as it wasn't nice.

We leave. We're still hungry. OK. Let's go to Mimi's Cafe. We order. I ordered a pretty salad with grilled asparagus and shrimp. Herself orders something along the same lines... we wait and wait and wait, and you guessed it. Finally, brought to the table by a server other than the one who took our orders, is cold food. We thought by ordering salad we'd be safe, but the shrimp, and asparagus were cold, and Herself's hot portions were cold too. We refused the dishes all together and asked for the check (for the drinks). The GM came to the table apologized profusely, gave us certificates for a return visit. We thank her and leave, feeling at least she cared enough to try to bring us back.

We are STILL hungry! The only place left by now (it's pushing 10:00 pm) is Pizza Uno. We go. We are seated. We choose COLD SALADS WITH COLD CHICKEN!!! LOL. We've learned by now, eh? We wait, and wait and wait and wait for our server to return to take our orders. Finally a woman who had been sweeping the floor comes over and asks if we've been waited on and we say no, only for drinks which we've not received. We order. We wait and wait and wait and wait and wait... finally the salads come out.

The GM comes over. We're charged a bit less for the inconvenience of the long wait.

We're giggly by now, and just cannot believe all the problems we've had trying to get a decent meal! LOL.

We agreed that it was funny, and have had great fun retelling the story. But seriously, eh? Three restaurants who could not provide a decent level of service or decent food?

The end result? We won't return to Macaroni Grill as they did nothing to try and resolve the issue. Mimi's we've returned to and used the certificates. Uno's we don't go to simply because we don't do pizza right now.

We stick with Long Horn. They give us consistent service and know us by now. Standing order. Salad, no crouton, 5 oz filets and steamed asparagus. :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.Ē ~Aristotle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast