Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help for bad knees

Post Thanks / Like
    I have arthritis in my knees too and I have the opposite problem. If I walk too much they start to ache and swell up really bad. Normal everyday walking is okay, but Disney does me in every time The glucosamine did nothing for me and since it's expensive I stopped taking that too. I usually just stick to Advil and ice and hope for the best.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MystikPiglit, post: 99287
    Take Bromelain. Brilliant. Both DH and I couldn't do without it.

I also take glucosamine.

What is Bromelain?

The dr did recommend glucosamine but said it would take several months to work. Well it will be warm by then and I won't be able to tell if it was the pill or the warmth that fixed it

I don't take the Tylenol too often. I am not supposed to take Advil due to the surgery I had. I absolutely cannot tolerate Aleve. It eats my stomach up!

ok Sarah, what island shall we move to?

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    i don't like ibuprofen either Johnie, i swear my tummy troubles are down to it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Im thinking more like Florida..I dont think I can be away from the main land too long..

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    ok Florida is good......I know of a house for sale

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Me too..Ive been looking at realtor.com...there is a 4000 square foot house for 65,500 on a 1/4 acre lot...6 bedrooms 4 bathrooms...Im trying to hurry and get this place ready to sell so I can move...and before anyone says anything about the job offering in Fla..I know...I can transfer my job to Orlando and make more money, badged (union) AT&T workers make more money than I do now...and a mortgage on 65000 is about 400-450 bucks...I can work at Taco bell for that..believe me I have looking into it

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    Where in Florida? $65,500 is the price of a manufactured home in Central Florida.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    It might be a foreclosed home. The only problem with them is that they will still be taxed at what they are worth, not what you bought it for.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sanford...Im sorry its 64,900...and even if there is taxes on it Ill still be alright...the house I live in I bought for $150,000 (unique fixer upper opportunity) and I am fixing it up...a house identical to mine down the street just sold for 259,500. So Im pretty sure Ive got good equity..not to mention I have a MUCH larger lot than they did.

HERE is the house I was talking about

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 99486
    What is Bromelain?
    I don't know how many of the claims are true but we both swear by it.

Bromelain has powerful anti-inflammatory actions and is widely used to reduce pain, swelling and inflammation associated with arthritis, sprains, wounds and soft tissue injuries. It is thought to promote tissue repair and has been shown to help reduce the bruising and pain that can follow minor operations or injury.
    Many people consider bromelain to be a safer, natural alternative to conventional treatment for joint problems and arthritis such as NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) and COX-II inhibitors. These are aimed at decreasing pain and improving function, but have been associated with serious side-effects. Research has shown bromelain to be of benefit for reducing knee pain (1), and reducing swelling in rheumatoid arthritis (2). It has also been shown to improve pain and mobility in osteoarthritis (3).

In addition to the strong anti-inflammatory and painkilling properties, bromelain has a useful mucus-thinning action and can help with respiratory conditions such as sinusitis, bronchitis and asthma. It also has a natural blood thinning action, which can help explain the positive reports in some trials of bromelain to decrease the symptoms of angina and thrombophlebitis.
    Bromelain is an enzyme extracted from the stem of the pineapple plant, ananas comosus . It has been used as a medicinal plant in several native cultures as a natural weapon to combat inflammation and joint problems.
    [CENTER]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast