Thread: Is there a ponderosa close to disney?

Post Thanks / Like
    we really want to try it but is the ponderosa any good and whats the closest one?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi...we now go to Golden Coral on the 535 nr I-4 junct rather than Ponderosa find they have a better selection ....

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a Ponderosa on 192 W (not far from the AK/AKL if that helps locate it for you).

Without sounding too stuffy, I'd not recommend Ponderosa. It's a buffet that isn't well maintained and unless it is their substandard meat and weird potatoes nearly everything else is a reconstituted mix. We had a family member who worked at a Ponderosa and we've not been able to eat there since (not that we much liked it before, but knowing what goes on behind the scenes really killed it for us).

Inexpensive buffets off property are pretty dicey places to try. The only one we've been consistently happy with is Sweet Tomatoes.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I visited a Ponderosa on I Drive in 1988 and it was awesome. Went there about 4 times during that trip for breakfast and dinner.

Next visit was 1994 and it had gone right downhill. My impression was that they were now catering more and more to a British clientele who were more interested in getting as much food as they could for as little money as possible. Very disappointed and have not returned since.

The place has its supporters though. Try it for yourself and see.

Post Thanks / Like
    Like Dawn said, one should always try for themselves but I know the Ponderosa's in my town are all pretty icky. They just don't seem to clean & seem to be ran by less than top notch people. I haven't eaten at one in years. Of course the ones in Orlando area could very well be much nicer & better maintained as they are in a tourist area.

For just a little more $$, go to a lunch buffet somewhere at WDW like Tusker House ($19.99) at AK. I promise you that you can get a serious eat on at that place!
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    We like Sweet Tomatoes too. It's a nice buffet.

I don't usually go to Golden Corral, Ponderosa and those types of places. I know that depending on the location they can be horribly gross or great.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    we just love both ponderosa for breakfast and golden coral for dinner
    the ponderosa on the 192 either way from wdw are both ok but the golden coral on the 192 is better but slightly more expensive
    on the last trip our kids were always falling asleep when we were heading out of the parks for dinner so we used the golden coral take away which was fantastic value
    links to locations here
    http://www.ponderosa-orlando.com/
    steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 99560
    We like Sweet Tomatoes too. It's a nice buffet.

I don't usually go to Golden Corral, Ponderosa and those types of places. I know that depending on the location they can be horribly gross or great.
    Where is sweet tomatoes please?

Post Thanks / Like
    It's on Internation Drive. hold on let me get you an address....

6877 South Kirkman Rd. ok so it's on the corner of I- Drive and Kirkman.

The menu changes daily as well (well not the salad part but the soups and stuff)

http://www.sweettomatoes.com/locatio...rive_/_Kirkman

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    as everyone says its horses for courses
    looking at the menu there is not anything at all our family would eat on there out of choice but we have friends who swear by the place
    steve