Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: restaurants on the Disney boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like
    yes another food question

On that strip of shops and places opposite the yacht and beach club, I think it's the boardwalk, there are a few restaurants. We've never tried them but think it may make for a nice evening

Anyone know what places are there and if theyre nice?

Post Thanks / Like
    We've eaten at Spoodles several times and enjoyed it. And I never thought I'd say this but we ate at Flying Fish in November and I LOVED it!
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Post Thanks / Like
    THANKS wdwgrandma, what kind of things do they have and which was the better of those two? I Dont really do sea food Im fraid

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by daftaboutdisney, post: 99458
    THANKS wdwgrandma, what kind of things do they have and which was the better of those two? I Dont really do sea food Im fraid
    Join the club! I don't eat seafood at all! YUCK! But I had a wonderful pasta dish there.
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Post Thanks / Like
    There is also the Big River Grille, Boardwalk Bakery and the ESPN Club is at the far end, across the other side at the Beach Club you have Beaches & Cream home of the (in)famous kitchen sink.
    ~ don't you just love smilies & tickers ~

Post Thanks / Like
    Another vote here for the Flying Fish.
    The steaks and other meat dishes there are also good if you don`t prefer fish.

Post Thanks / Like
    ESPN is fun if you want to watch sports. Be aware that it is very loud in there, and you won't be carrying on much of a conversation. The hot dog (1/4 lb!) is really good and large enough to share. Comes with loads of things to put on it.

Boardwalk Bakery has sandwiches that are quite nice! Breakfast sandwiches in the morning. There are pastries and other sweet things too, of course.

Spoodle's has Mediterranean style food with a small selection of Tapas. They have a walk up window with pizza and salad. The food was excellent when it first opened, and although not bad now, it has fallen off.

As much as we love fish and seafood we've never tried Flying Fish. Nothing on the menu calls to us.

Big River Grill was a bit of a disappointment the one time we tried it. It's probably well worth another try.

There are other little kiosks where you can get hot dogs, sausages, french fries and the like.

Beaches and Cream is on the Beach Club side. It's a 50s style soda shop that has a limited menu, but you won't care if you like cheeseburgers. The ones they have here are some of the best you'll have anywhere!

Hurricane Hannah's is the Beach Club poolside food concession. They have a nice little variety of burgers, ect. too.

There is no dining in the Boardwalk Hotel.

There are several places to dine in the Swan, Dolphin, Yacht Club and Cape May in the Beach Club resorts.

Plenty of choices with a wide variety of prices. Explore and enjoy! :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Tink, is the bakery selling donuts again? We used to make it a ritual to go over there on our last day of every trip the morning we leave & we'd get a bowtie donut & sit out there & talk about our vacation & what we enjoyed, etc. But the last time we did this (I can't remember if it was the Jan. or July 08 trip) there were no donuts!
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    They sell out fast. Usually they have the "fancier" pastries. The simpler ones go wicked fast when they have them.

You could stop in the night before and ask if they plan on having any the next day. See if they can hold some for you, or special order some.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, I never really considered the fact they could have sold out of them. I just know we went in & there were no donuts. There were cakes & stuff but no breakfast pastry. It was super packed that particular visit so perhaps that is all that happened. Next trip we will have to go back & see if we can resume our little ritual :D

Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 99993
    They sell out fast. Usually they have the "fancier" pastries. The simpler ones go wicked fast when they have them.

You could stop in the night before and ask if they plan on having any the next day. See if they can hold some for you, or special order some.
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast