Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: it never fails.....

Post Thanks / Like
    John's in Germany, we're supposed to have snow and ice today and tomorrow - and the furnace has gone out!!!! There's no heat in the house! I have 2 heat dishes to take the chill off, but I'm home today to wait for the furnace folks to call me back.
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh no! Is it really bad in Virginia, Donna? We've just got about 2 inches of snow last night and it's pretty cold...they cancelled school. Bundle up in some nice warm blankets with some hot tea or cocoa and hopefully you won't have a long wait.

Our furnace went out on Christmas Eve once, and I was terrified no one would want to come out and fix it. The repair guy was really nice and even cut $50 off the bill.

Fingers crossed and pixie dust coming your way that it's not something serious.

"Always take a banana to a party." :banana1:

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, a tiny bright side is that if you do get the snow and ice today, you aren't on the road!

I hope the repair gets done quickly and it's nothing too expensive. :( Stay warm!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got off the phone with the furnace folks. It will cost $90 just for them to come to the house (they'll be here between 8 and noon), and he'll give me an estimate before he fixes anything. However, I have to have heat in the house.....
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Post Thanks / Like
    the doormat has a sensor Donna, never fails here either. I am capable of handling most crises now however!!!! I'm just wondering what will happen later in the year when Jon leaves lol

Post Thanks / Like
    That's the real issue. Regardless of what it's going to cost, you have to do it. Heaters never go when they aren't needed.

You could try another company and get two estimates of the problem, but that's up to you.

Is there no one else around who could pop in (neighbor, son, etc.) and give you a hint as to what the problem might be? If it's the fuel injector (if it's an oil based furnace of course) that shouldn't be too much. If it's the motor, ugh. :(

What sort of heater is is? I mean, what does it use to produce heat, electricity, oil, gas...? How is it powered, in other words?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    oh no what a nightmare

Post Thanks / Like
    It's really coming down! The ground is white. I've seen weather reports that predict between 1 and 3 inches - or, if you listen to another weather person, we can get between 3 and 5 inches! Add ice to that and it equals dangerous driving conditions!!!
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, let's hope that doesn't keep the furnace repair people from coming, but it's good that you aren't trying to get to and from work, eh?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 100105
    That's the real issue. Regardless of what it's going to cost, you have to do it. Heaters never go when they aren't needed.

You could try another company and get two estimates of the problem, but that's up to you.

Is there no one else around who could pop in (neighbor, son, etc.) and give you a hint as to what the problem might be? If it's the fuel injector (if it's an oil based furnace of course) that shouldn't be too much. If it's the motor, ugh. :(

What sort of heater is is? I mean, what does it use to produce heat, electricity, oil, gas...? How is it powered, in other words?
    I could call someone else, I guess, but the folks I called are the ones who do all our heating/air conditioning stuff. Oh, it's a gas heater... But I know we have gas to the house because the kitchen stove and the water heater work.

No, there's really no one I can go to. All the neighbors I know have moved or are at work...
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast