Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OK how much prebooking will we need to do over the next fortnight

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd probably resign myself to counter service for much of the time then. It's not all burgers and fries these days.

Or try some of the more unusual places at off times - Marrakesh between lunch and dinner peak times for instance.

I know what you mean. In my earlier trips I walked up to the Brown Derby at lunch time and was seated within minutes. What chance now. :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Just hopw we can wangle at least one character meal for the kids

Post Thanks / Like
    Chris, my DW and I share your thoughts in that we hate to stick to a rigid schedule for meals. Sadly it is now very difficult to walk into most of the more popular restaurants thanks to the pesky dining plans etc. as you are well aware.
    Because of this we have tended to venture more and more off site where we have discovered some great places to dine at considerably less cost than on site. Assuming you will have a car it may be worth considering.
    Having said that, Keith seems to get along just fine going down this route using taxis.

Post Thanks / Like
    :( no we don't have a car - counter service looks like the way to go we will try and book lunches the day ahead - very sad

Post Thanks / Like
    Cape May at the Beach Club has a really nice character breakfast buffet. It's Goofy and friends (chipmunks, and sometimes the penguins...) with Minnie holding court in a little lounge that connects to the restaurant.

It's one of the nicest breakfasts! There is a huge selection of food items and the characters really take their time with their visits from table to table. We were alone when we had breakfast there and the characters still gave us as much attention as the other diners.

Very nice.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 100397
    :( no we don't have a car - counter service looks like the way to go we will try and book lunches the day ahead - very sad
    On one of your MK days you may want to try Gasparilla`s at the GF for lunch. It would mean doing a loop of the monorail, but they do a good selection of hot and cold dishes and you could also sit outside overlooking the castle if you wanted to.
    The staff there are also very friendly and it doesn`t usually get too busy, apart from during peak times.
    Also many of the dishes are cooked to order.

To return to the MK you could again take the monorail which is only one stop away [in a clockwise direction if you see what I mean!].

Post Thanks / Like
    Ach - there is no point stressing on it what will be will be - it is a shame about CM but if there are great swathes of the place shut then thats just how it is

Post Thanks / Like
    While you are there, try asking at off-peak times such as 11am and 4pm for character meals.
    I'm going to have a difficult time persuading DH that we will have to make ADRs for September. He hates having a schedule whilst on holiday.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    I hate having to make ADR's as well. I have NO CLUE as to what I am having for dinner tonight, much less what I might be in the mood for 6 months from now.

You should definately see about lunches. Those seem to have the most availability. We DID get an ADR on the day of for Mama Melrose at DHS and we were a party of 4. That was in Dec.

I'll keep looking for Chef Mickey's for you. Maybe we'll get lucky

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well... we have done a few ADRs and cancelled when we just didnt feellike going.... but its good to know you HAVE the ADR....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12