Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 25 Random Things About Me

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by candyman, post: 100709
    ive got a step ladder my real lader left when i was very young

Post Thanks / Like
    ok just read the thread from start to finish and loved reading about every one so i guess its my turn

1. ive been to WDW 8 times and DLP once my favourite character is Eeyore

2.i was over 40 when i first went to WDW and had to be bribed by my wife and son to go as i was not interested in any thing disney or american (the bribe was to go to benedorm the next holiday) but the minute i stepped on main street i was hooked for life wow i fell in love with the whole disney spirit

3 i have a severly mentally and physicaly disabled daughter , heather , who cannot walk or talk but is the happiest person i have ever met the only time she cries or is unhappy is when she is ill

4.on my first trip to disney while wating in line for pictures with donald the cast member with him asked me to hold the line while donald went in for a break and away from all the kiddies in the line i asked the cast member if there was another donald waiting to come out or did they go some where and some one change in to the costume i have never forgotten her reply which to me sums up the whole disney ethos it was "but sir there is only one donald duck " that is why i so love disney

5 my mum has got dementia and is today going to be sectioned for the second time as she is a danger to her self as she has started wandering from her house in the middle of the night only wearing her night clothes

6 i first married when i was 19 and have been married 3 times (i like wedding cake lol) my wife mandy is 18 years younger than me so was only 1 year old when i first got married lol

7 i have 3 children ben , 22 heather 13 , oliver 5 we had oli when i was 50 !! we hate it when most people spell oli's name wrong most people spell it ollie.

8 i used to own a sweet shop (candy store) which is why i have the name candyman

9 since i retired i spend far far too much time on the internet and cant understand people who do not have their computer turned on all the time in the day , ours is turned on when we get up and only gets turned off when we go to bed

10 i hated school and only liked one subject --maths

11i got a grade 2 in my religion CSE but it was a cheat really as i refused to do the project part of the exam so the teacher did it for me

12 i am a diet pepsi adict and rarely drink anything else , no not even tea or coffee and certainly not any booze

13 i was very ill when i was 50 and spent my 50th birthday in hospital recovering from infected kidney stones

14 the most shocking thing any one has ever told me was after the above illness when i was recovered and being dischargd from hospital the doctor asked me if i had any complaints i told him i was disapointed that i had had to take 9 weeks off work as i had never missed work for more than a week before this his reply was "dont complain too much when they bought you in and i examined you i did not think we would be able to save you " that changed my life for good my doctor had been trying to get me to finish work for over 6 months due to my illness and when i got home and told mandy what the hospital doctor had told me we decided that i should follow my own doctors advise and retire .

15 i am a born worrier

16 i can talk to any one anywhere even if i dont know them , mandy finds this really strange but as i have worked in shops for all those years it is just natural for me

17 some of the jobs i have had are office junior , computer operator , computor programmer , shop keeper , bingo hall assistant manager , market trader .

18 i have had 4 dogs in my life pipa , penny pepsi and smithy but after smithy died it hit me so badly i said i would never have another one again .

19 mandy my wife has got lukemia and is currently being treated for it and thankfully she is in remission right now

20 oli , my 5 year old son, has scoliosis (a curved spine) and had an operation to stop it getting any worse when he was just 2 1/2,it was an 11 hour operation (the longest 11 hours of my life ) to insert rods in his back to support his spine .

21 mandy and i got married in WDW (wow just the best thing ever ) and we had 16 guests at our wedding who we had never met before , even though we used to "chat" to them most days on the disney boards .they were all so nice they really made our wedding so special .

22 even though i love WDW i hate the white knuckle rides in fact the worst thing i have ever done in WDW was to go on the maelstrom in norway after my mum told me it was a lovly little boat ride omg that backwards drop over the waterfall far to scarey for me

23 mandy heather oli and I have been to WDW twice and i have been ill on 3 out of the 4 flights , but i would still go again tomorrow if we could afford it

24 i have had my driving licence take off me because i have sleep apnea and as mandy is ill i am taking oli to school on my electric buggy he really enjoys standing on the bars at the back and riding to school .

25 i love food shopping and really enjoy seeking out the bargains

Post Thanks / Like
    This may well be my favorite thread in a long time!! Well done Johnie!

Post Thanks / Like
    I absolutely love this thread too! I have enjoyed reading everything here and on my Facebook account too.

I was in the bed last night thinking of a million other random things about myself

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 100775
    I absolutely love this thread too! I have enjoyed reading everything here and on my Facebook account too.

I was in the bed last night thinking of a million other random things about myself
    I know what you mean. Since doing mine I've kept thinking oh I should have said that or I should have said this! Yet to think I thought I'd struggle to reach the 25!

Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps we should follow Tink's example and post a sequel...25 Things About Myself In Disney World...any takers?

Post Thanks / Like
    That would be a good idea too!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I'm a pretty boring person but here goes....

1. I still live in the same house that I was born in.

2. My Dad died when I was only 3 years old.

3. I simply adore all animals but the big cats are my absolute favourites with the male lion coming out tops.

4. I've never wanted kids of my own.

5. I met my DH at 15. At 17 we were engaged and, at 19 we were married. We celebrate our silver wedding anniversary this year.

6. I don't drink any hot drink.

7. I wish I was a better, more caring person.

8. I love mashed potato with tomato sauce mixed into it.

9. I like to draw with pastels...especially portraits.

10. It's a terrible thing to say but....I actually hate a particular human being (see #7)

11. I am teaching myself Swahili

12. I would love to work for one of the big cat sanctuaries in Florida.

13. My DH is one of the most helpful and, intelligent human beings that I know (even though he blew up our hoover!)

14. I can be a bit ditsy at times but can always laugh about it

15. I have a trophy for winning a shot putting competition.

16. Since Mam died, I cry a lot. I never thought I could feel as low as I get at times.

17. I have mickeyfied my car with Mickey Mouse cushions, ariel topper, silver stick on hidden mickeys etc

18. I love the old Doris Day and Cary Grant movies. Sunday afternoons as a kid saw me lieing on the floor on my belly facing the TV. Watching a black and white movie with a bowl full of jelly and ice cream.

19. When I was a kid, you could take a pudding bowl out to the ice cream van when it pulled up at your door and get the bowl full of whippy ice cream for 10p!!!!!!! And...that included monkeys blood lol.

20. I skived off school as a kid because my eyesight was so bad. I couldn't see the black boards. I knew I would get skitted if I wore national health specs and there was no way Mam could afford to pay for specs for me.

21. I'm frightened of getting old.

22. Like many of you reading this....I'd love to live in Orlando

23. I enjoy watching Coronation Street and Eastenders

24. I'm making soup right now....it's busy simmering. We'll have a crusty loaf with it.

25. I love this site and if i didn't have this site to come to, with all of you wonderful people to talk to, my life would be far inferior.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmn.. we all want to know who you dislike so much now.....

Post Thanks / Like
    19. When I was a kid, you could take a pudding bowl out to the ice cream van when it pulled up at your door and get the bowl full of whippy ice cream for 10p!!!!!!! And...that included monkeys blood lol.

Whippy ice cream and do I want to know that monkeys blood is

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast