Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Carpe Diem Feb 09 Pre Tip - Packing

Post Thanks / Like
    Well the day draws ever closer and that inevitably means that thoughts turn to packing. As the previous thread has eluded to this would normally have started weeks ago, but not wishing to 'jinx' things the cases only came out of the loft this week. Old luggage labels have been stripped off and we have done the obligatory cooing over old receipts and the odd pressed penny found in the bum bags from our last trip 2 years ago .

I am in charge of making sure all the papery bits are sorted - the tickets, vouchers, parking, cattery etc. Lisa is pretty much in charge of everything else.

In some ways packing this time is much easier -as the boys are older it isn't so much of a hassle if anything is forgotten - we don't have to pack nappies, formula or a 'special cup'

This however has not stopped me from making endless lists of 'things to remember'

According to our current list of electrical items - we are likely to need a case solely for the transportation of all the chargers we will need to take

Picture the scene

3 empty suitcases lay open in the spare bedroom - I stand transfixed arms folded staring into the cases.

Lisa comes in

'What are you doing?'

'hmmm? oh... packing'

'riiight, the cases are empty'

taps forehead'packing up here' - just thought of a few more things we shouldn't forget.

'oh ok' Lisa leaves to get a pile of neatly ironed t-shirts to put into the case.

the boys come in

" Daddy can you scramble my cubes I have thought of an algorithm for a permutation of the last layer "... and... ' Daddy can you play hold him and be him with my power rangers'

'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh'

'What Daddy?'

'I have forgotten the vital things I remembered a minute ago and I haven't had a chance to put them on a list yet

There then follows a torrent of demands from the kids for everything from food to philosophy

'ah' says I 'why don't you boys pack your bags for the plane'

this will keep them busy whilst I continue to and write lists - I will also have no intention of using the bags they pack.

Matthew takes his bag and fills it with every toy he has ever owned

Thomas is a bit more frugal

I decide the best thing to do is to type the lists out and after several hours of typing printing and lamenating them it appears to have done the trick as most of the packing seems to have been done.

The thing is we go in 4 days, 4 DAYS !!!! , but it simply doesn't feel like it at the moment.

I can't quite shake that nagging feeling that I have forgotten something......

Ah well

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 101799
    'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh'

'What Daddy?'

'I have forgotten the vital things I remembered a minute ago and I haven't had a chance to put them on a list yet

are you able to count from 20-1 backwards?

Post Thanks / Like
    Love Matthew's bag.

Post Thanks / Like

then you can get whatever you need when you get there

Post Thanks / Like
    The teddy brought tears to my eyes for some reason. :spring:

Pack what you think you must. If you've forgotten something, you didn't much need it anyway. If it ends up being that you did need it. Call me.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL.

Post Thanks / Like
    oh packing time it will be all to real soon

Post Thanks / Like
    you have remembered the speedos haven't you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Which case does your telescope go in?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 101845
    you have remembered the speedos haven't you?
    banana hammock.......

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast