Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Old tv shows

Post Thanks / Like
    After watching all of the seasons you get attached to characters and want to 'know' how they turn out. So I think that's what drove a lot of people to see the movie, me included.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 102270
    After watching all of the seasons you get attached to characters and want to 'know' how they turn out. So I think that's what drove a lot of people to see the movie, me included.
    Yep, that's it! And now they are making another movie. Not sure what i think about that.
    xxoo Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    I heard that the second movie got squashed.

Post Thanks / Like
    I never watched Sex in the City either.

I LOVE Designing Women. I watched it faithfully when it was on. I would love to have it on DVD but it's not out. They have one single DVD that has 4 or 5 episodes on it.

Tink, QAF counts. It's a show.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    :9: YAY!!!! I didn't know if you meant regular tv, or the pay channels. Well, cable in general is paid for, but you know what I mean, the specialty pay channels like Showtime.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm totally addicted to The Tudors on Showtime. Though I have watched that from the beginning.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Love the tudors too (as you know Johnie) and I'm still waiting to be ableto download it off of Amazon. May just buy it though. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 102350

I LOVE Designing Women. I watched it faithfully when it was on. I would love to have it on DVD but it's not out. They have one single DVD that has 4 or 5 episodes on it.
    I loved Bernice! And I always wanted to be able to tell people off like Julia!
    xxoo Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 102161
    There was one old (as in the original series with that icky Shatner man ) that had a story line something like: Half of the people were black on the left side of their bodies and white on the right side of their bodies, and the other half were black on the right side and white on the left. The show explored how ridiculous color based discrimination was.

It's the only one I really remember. I know I didn't watch it when it originally aired, so must have seen it as a rerun.
    The episode was called "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield" and has always been one of my favorites. (Star Trek addict here). The aliens literally destroy their planet with their prejudices.

It was one of several episodes of the original series that challenged this topic...poor as many of the effects of the time and the less-than-stellar acting of William Shatner...Star Trek was a thought provoking show.

"Always take a banana to a party." :banana1:

Post Thanks / Like
    I also enjoy the short lived remake of Dark Shadows. I bought on DVD and then had a fit when I saw how it ended. I was screaming mad.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast