Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Old tv shows

Post Thanks / Like
    Do ever find yourself watching a show in re-runs that you never watched while it was on the air and finding that you absolutely love the tv show?

I seem to do this a lot. I never watched Wings or King of Queens when it was on the air. Now I find they are hilarious.

Also I seem to have really gotten into Family Guy lately. I don't think that is on the air anymore either. DH bought me the series for Christmas.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Family guy is on fox at 9pm your time...love it!

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    I never watched the original runs of Buffy.

Now it's the greatest programme ever.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love Wings. I have all the seasons, but then again, I use to watch it way back when.

I guess mine is MASH. I love it and thinks great. Alan Alda is so funny

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't watch Charmed until it was over. Luckily they still play it several times daily on TNT. I was able to watch the episodes from beginning to end...and it's one of those rare series that actually has and *ending*.

"Always take a banana to a party." :banana1:

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to watch Buffy way back when. I was in love with Spike! :D

Charmed was good too and totally stopped watching when Cole left.

Post Thanks / Like
    I watch Gilmore Girls and One Tree Hill as repeats. I know OTH is still on but I only watch it in repeats.
    My DH does not like sitcoms as he HATES laugh tracks. Recently I've been getting him into repeats of Scrubs and he loves it!

I used to love watching Designing Women on Lifetime or TBS. I was just a little too young when it was on to think it was funny. Now I think it's hysterical.

Oh, thought of one more, Reba, I love that show!!!

(I escape reality by watching tv! I also have huge crushes on the young men I watch on all these shows! Don't tell DH!)
    xxoo Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I don't think this is exactly what you meant, but we didn't watch Queer As Folk when it was first on Showtime. The reruns on LOGO drove me buggy with the cuts, so we bought the series DVD (all five seasons).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't say I love it or watch it all the time, but I appreciate the original Star Trek series now. Thought it was really weird when it originally aired!

Mostly cheesey special effects--particularly by today's standards--but it's frequently interesting. :)

Post Thanks / Like
    There was one old (as in the original series with that icky Shatner man ) that had a story line something like: Half of the people were black on the left side of their bodies and white on the right side of their bodies, and the other half were black on the right side and white on the left. The show explored how ridiculous color based discrimination was.

It's the only one I really remember. I know I didn't watch it when it originally aired, so must have seen it as a rerun.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast