Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: SNOW DAY!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my gosh, Doc that's terrible. :( Is there no way you can drive the car home, even if very slowly? Would having it towed be too wicked expensive? :( Not a good thing, having tyres slashed and cars keyed. Is your office in a scary section of town?

Walking 5-6 miles in the snow without boots is not a good idea! (LISTEN to Old Tink now! Are you listening to me)?! You will catch your death and be ill for your holiday! Don't tell me cold, wet feet don't cause a cold, because I'm of the old school and I KNOW better! :dozey:

Now then. How shall we resolve this nasty problem?

Dawn, isn't the snow a pretty unusual event for your area? I remember your wishing for snow time and time again?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Its unusual and as such we are not prepared for it - my car is real wheel drive and spun out several times thjis morning - since then we have had another few inches and the car park is like ice - Lisa has had to abandon her car a mile or so frmo the house as well.

There are no towing services - Britain is not set up for snow at all = If I don't walk i won't get home simple as that

Post Thanks / Like
    :( :( :( :( :( :(

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't you just drive really really really slowly?

Post Thanks / Like
    Not on ice, he can't. :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 102133
    There are no towing services - Britain is not set up for snow at all = If I don't walk i won't get home simple as that
    Could you ring around local taxi firms to see if they have anything suitable/available? You could play the 'doctor' card.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    How are the rest of the docs at your office (and the other employees) getting home?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 102097
    That's so not fair. How can you expect the kids to concentrate when they know what is right outside the window.

How old is oli now anyway?
    he is 5 now or as he will tell you 5 1/2

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd rather see you stay at the office than walk 5-6 miles on an ice surface with snow covering. Let's see we're talking frostbite, broken limbs, being slid into by someone trying to drive, etc. etc.

I take then that there are no snow plows, no salt for the roads, and no one owns boots or snowpants in the UK!

Post Thanks / Like
    Snowpants! Haven't heard that expression in years, Dorothy!!! I did think when looking at Dawn's photos, "that boy needs a snowsuit!"

Could you see the Doc in snowpants?

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast