Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: No tv?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well done, by the way, FD :D

Good on you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. It was a difficult decision. I wrote blog on it already...feel free to read it and post a thought. :D

I think being without the tv is a good thing, but it's like giving up fried food, which I have done for the past 5 months. Difficult, and I will miss it, but ultimately good will come from it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 102552
    Isn't it? The only extras we have is, Jon has WWE on demand ($4.95/month) and we have a DVR ($6.95/month) which, ironically, was supposed to make us less controlled by the TV :D
    Who is your service through? We have Directtv and pay about $70 a month. I do have Showtime and 5 converter boxes (cause there are far too many tvs in this house)

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ahh yes, go with satellite. I would say break out the bunny ears, but those just wont work any more.

Post Thanks / Like
    you are so brave to loose the tv , i just could not do it
    im affraid ,like the internet , since i retired i use it far far too much .
    it gets turned on when we get up and off when we go to bed - the tv and the internet .even now at 5 am ,couldnt sleep , i have the tv on while im here on the net .i just cant have the silence while im on line .
    hope it works for you being with out it , if not i guess you will get a good deal to reconnect .-thats what they offer here in the uk
    steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 102552
    Isn't it? The only extras we have is, Jon has WWE on demand ($4.95/month) and we have a DVR ($6.95/month) which, ironically, was supposed to make us less controlled by the TV :D
    Wasn't the VCR also supposed to "liberate" us from the control of the television?

All it did was provide more hours to watch--and no time in which to do it! Have a feeling DVR is no different! ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    I definitely would watch more tv if I had a DVR...then all of my shows could be watched and likely ones that I didn't care for before would be come fast favorites.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123