Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you have a favorite musical?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so excited that I cannot stand myself!!!

Love, love, love Mamma Mia.

I really like all sorts of things but am truly drawing a blank at the moment.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 102864

Wicked. :D :D I've never even seen it and it's a favorite. Just found out yesterday one of my parents is a set designer :D Johnie and I have been invited backstage in March :D :D :D :D :D
    NO WAY!!!

thats so cool!!

I think i prefer old fashioned musicals oklahoma, the king and I, sound of music, oliver, seven brides for seven brothers etc i think that's why i like Wicked- it is an old fashioned musical. I love the music of phantom and moulin rouge

Post Thanks / Like
    Movies would be; Grease, Moulin Rouge, or Chicago << How girly! LOL

Theatrical one would have to be Chicago or Grease, too!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 102864
    Wicked. :D :D I've never even seen it and it's a favorite. Just found out yesterday one of my parents is a set designer :D Johnie and I have been invited backstage in March :D :D :D :D :D
    O M G

I am SO jelous!!!! I've not seen wicked but it's on the top of my list!!! I am currently THIS SHADE
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL.

Trust me, I'm over the moon about it. She offered to book our seats for us as well, we'll still have to *pay* for the tickets so as not to appear inappropriate, but she can get us the best seats in the house for the regular rate...I am so excited...she just finished doing Spamalot and is now working on the set of Wicked.

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers - *sigh* one of my FAVORITES!

Off to check Itunes...

Post Thanks / Like
    Oooooooh! Too many favourites!

I grew up with and in musicals. Lerner & Lowe, Rodgers & Hammerstein, Rodgers & Hart, Irving Berlin, Leonard Bernstein. So most of the classic US musicals vie for top spot on my list. Which is why there is no top spot!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 102918
    LOL.

Trust me, I'm over the moon about it. She offered to book our seats for us as well, we'll still have to *pay* for the tickets so as not to appear inappropriate, but she can get us the best seats in the house for the regular rate...I am so excited...she just finished doing Spamalot and is now working on the set of Wicked.

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers - *sigh* one of my FAVORITES!

Off to check Itunes...

I am AOK with paying for tickets!!!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you consider Porgy and Bess a musical? I've not ever seen it but listened to the music from it growing p. My parents were very much into Broadway and musical theatre, so I listed to many of the musicals through the music, if that makes any sense. I don't much mind the music, it's just the productions that I've not much ever cared for.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    That's interesting, Tink...what about the productions exactly do you not care for?

Post Thanks / Like
    It bugs the daylights out of me that we are going along ever so nicely with the story and suddenly someone bursts into song. Drives me NUTS! Except for the three I listed of course.

Opera is different. It's all in music, all lyrical, etc. It's not a mix of talking and singing... (not much talking...).

I know. I'm weird.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast