Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favourite places to watch the fireworks?

Post Thanks / Like
    so where does everyone stand to watch the fireworks?

It's weird, we've been SO many times but we've tended to stand at the same spot each time

Well last visit, we ventured away from our usual spot at epcot across to france where we bought a couple of glasses of champagne in really nice light up glasses :p and it was like a different show! the differnt view completely changed it!

So where's your favourite place to watch Wishes at magic Kingdom, Illuminations at Epcot etc? (and am I the only one who MUST have something nice to drink whilst watching )
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Our new favourite places to stand are on the path to the rose garden in MK and bang in the middle of the entrance to World Showcase in Epcot, we had to stake that one out quite early (well DH and the kids did while I hit MouseGear ) but it was a lovely unobstructed view. :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I like to have something nice to drink too, but not if I'm driving home that night. :(

Anyway, I like just about anywhere around the lagoon. Used to be a favorite spot tucked up in Mexico at the cantina tables toward the back, but that got too crowded!

I also like the bridge from UK to France.

Don't much care for the America pavilion side. It's too obstructed.

Wishes? Right smack in front of the castle, or a bit back by the statue of Walt and Mickey, or down to the right (if Main St is at your back) near the little restaurant there (Plaza?). It's a great place for Wishes, but not the parade.

I also enjoyed seeing them from the water, but you do miss some of the show that way.

And then of course there is that guest room of mine with the teensy view of both Wishes and Illuminations! LOL!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't care where we are...as long as we see them in WDW lol. My fav memory to date involving firework wacthing at WDW is from our last trip. Our first day we got there around 4pm...POP Century btw...no tickets for the first day...we settled into our rooms, grabbed a bite to eat at the food court and relaxed for a bit....It was after a very late snack, we were comming out of the main building and heard them *BOOM* *CRACK* we turned and looked up and WOWWWWW. we stood there thru them all...the 5 of us ooo ing and ahhing lol....it was great :)
    One great pair of shoes can change your life.~~Cinderella
    Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says " ! She's up!!"

:muahaha:

Post Thanks / Like
    For Wishes, we like to stand right in the middle of the road of Main Street.
    For illuminations....if we're lucky there is a spot in front of Italy which is good if you can get next to the railings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 1306
    so where does everyone stand to watch the fireworks?

It's weird, we've been SO many times but we've tended to stand at the same spot each time

Well last visit, we ventured away from our usual spot at epcot across to france where we bought a couple of glasses of champagne in really nice light up glasses :p and it was like a different show! the differnt view completely changed it!

So where's your favourite place to watch Wishes at magic Kingdom, Illuminations at Epcot etc? (and am I the only one who MUST have something nice to drink whilst watching )
    I love watching wishes from main street as you get such a good view of the castle.

The best place so far to watch illuminations was from france. :):)

Post Thanks / Like
    Tink's guest room. :D

We always used to watch Illuminations from Norway but it got all crowded and horrible. One time me and Nanny Lesley stood in the rain on the bridge between UK and France and had a fantastic view. Well worth the soaking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Like to watch whishes just across from Crystal palace, great view.

Post Thanks / Like
    do we have to be there very early for these shows or because theyre fireworks we can see them from anywhere? can we see them from any restaurants?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by disney1sttimer, post: 1942
    do we have to be there very early for these shows or because theyre fireworks we can see them from anywhere? can we see them from any restaurants?
    You dont have to get there too early for illuminations as you will be able to see the fireworks from most of the places in world showcase.

We have viewed illuminations from inside nine dragons and it was fantastic. We did have a window seat so if you are planning to view them from here I would request a window table when you check in at the podium. The meal was very good and while we were sipping our wine the fireworks started. They were amazing and while the show was on the servers didnt distract our view of the fireworks.

There seems to be more hustle and bustle at mk for wishes so I would get your spot early. We have viewed the fireworks from main street numerous times and from the front of the castle.

Both fireworks shows are fantastic and it is so nice to watch them with the people you love. They become very treasured disney memories. :smiley5:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast