Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from a Newbie!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Disney Secrets, Trish! We're glad you've joined us!

Congratulation on your first stay onsite at WDW! It's a terrific experience at all levels of resorts!

We (my BFF since age 7 and I) used the DDP once and enjoyed the opportunity to try TS restaurants we might not visit otherwise, but we felt tied to our ADRs! As two very middle-aged females, we also aren't accustomed to larger meals--although she handles them better than I do! --so that was an issue after about the fifth day.

Other than that, we pooled our remaining snack credits the day before our departure and she purchased a lot of the Rice Krispie treats to take home to her grandchildren and other family members. She packed them in her checked bag and they arrived at her home safely.

Biggest DDP tip: Don't overeat just because the food is there!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Trish.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning all!!! 42 days and counting. Questions about taking mid-day breaks.

How big of a pain in the butt is it?
    Is it worth it?

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are staying onsite, and have children or someone who will benefit from a midday break, then absolutely do it!

It's less convenient if you are staying offsite.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    It really depends on your family. Since you have DDP, I'm assuming you're staying onsite.

If your children need naps and are comfortable sleeping their strollers, that's the easiest route. It never occurred to us to take a break from Disneyland when Leu's DD and DS were young. Her DD just napped as needed and her DS kept going until late afternoon--he was not one for naps! We were at DL from park opening (usually 9:00 a.m.) until park closing (usually 1:00 a.m.) and lived about an hour away, so we weren't going anywhere!

If the weather is nice and the family wants to take a break for swimming and resting, that's part of the experience. It's your vacation. You define it to suit your needs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the input. My DD is 9, and my DS just turned 5. He's the one I'm worried about. This will be his first Disney World experience. We went to Disneyland last year, and he had a stroller a good chunk of the time. We're hoping he can keep up this time, but we weren't sure how inconvenient breaks were in conjunction with ADR's in the early evening.

I'm so excited, I CAN'T STAND IT!!!! I've been obsessively planning for three weeks. As a chronic dieter, at least it keeps me from eating

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12