View Poll Results: When should we go?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • In December for our birthdays at Coronado Springs?

12 85.71%
  • In September for FREE DINING at a Value?

2 14.29%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me choose

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok...so I received a email postcard with PIN from Disney with an awesome deal for 40% off your resort. The offer is good for several different weeks throught the year. I thought it would be great for us to go in December to cover both Jordan and my birthdays. (his is 12/11, mine is 12/16). So I've been talking to Johnie and she found us a rate at Coronado Springs that's about $100/night...we'd still have to get tickets.and I was thinking of adding the Quick Service Dining Plan. We've never stayed at a moderate and it would be cool because Jordan and I would get to celebrate and get the free gift card on our birthday...we also have only gone in December once before and didn't get to do all of the Christmas things we really wanted to. I was planning on putting our deposit down yesterday.

However..yesterday I received yet ANOTHER email postcard with PIN from Disney...this time the deal is for travel between 8/16-10/1 and gives a price quote of $1284 for 4 nights at a Value that includes, room, park tickets and FREE DINING. Now I don't know what to do! We've gone during this time on almost all of our trips, as it includes our anniversary date (9/25) so we would still have something to celebrate, but no free gift cards.

I am so torn, I've been wanting to go back in December for a long time and it would be nice to be able to swing a moderate for what we normally pay for a Value...but the free dining is always tempting...especially when it comes to convincing Marcus. We'd be sure of nicer weather in September (at least temperature wise). What would you do???

(And of course, the do BOTH option is not possible..as much as I would love to)

"Always take a banana to a party." :banana1:

Post Thanks / Like
    You should go in December when Im gonne be there...Free dining is great but unless you want to feel like all you are doing is eating its not worth it...I swear I gained 20 pounds even though we walked like 10 miles a day!

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoAlice, post: 103900
    You should go in December when Im gonne be there...Free dining is great but unless you want to feel like all you are doing is eating its not worth it...I swear I gained 20 pounds even though we walked like 10 miles a day!
    If we go in December it will be December 11-16...will you be there during that time?

We've done free dining twice now...Marcus LOVES it. We did learn the second time to pace ourselve better so we didn't feel as tied down. It is a wonderful way to try the nicer restaurants.

Post Thanks / Like
    Damnit ill be there the week before...well honestly it really doesnt matter when i go since i have an AP and its rediculous to get a 1 day ticket for my birthday...so yea i could be there during that time.

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    Which free dining plan is the pin code offering?

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 103910
    Which free dining plan is the pin code offering?
    Well...I sent you an email with it, so you can check it yourself. But I'm pretty sure it's the regular one since it simply says *Dining Plan*.

Post Thanks / Like
    ok I will do that.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I chose Conorado Springs, you get a really nice hotel AND it's your Birthdays. PLUS you get to do all the Christmas stuff. Perhaps you can write a list of pros and cons and then see which has the most pros?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    December, December, December. It's still earlyish in the month when you'd be going. You'll see all the beautiful Christmas decorations, have all the story tellers in each country, the special shows at MK, DHS, and EPCOT, and all the extra little things that go on at Christmastime. Plus, hurricane season is over.

December!!!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    What Tink said. It has to be December.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast