Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever do those tie/no sew blankets?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I just finish my first one..wow...easy peasy and I am not artsy fartsy. I did this one for my son and I am doing one for my daughter tonight or tomorrow!

both sides...

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    wow....looks great

I've never heard of these before....what do they look like at the start? How much work goes into them?

Post Thanks / Like
    I made that one in about 2 hours..

It starts out with Fleece Material...here are the instructions

Im pretty sure you can make them as small or as large as you want.

Instruction #7 is kinda weird they way the put it...but to be honest what you do in cut 4 or 5 inch squares in each corner

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ooooooooh! Nice work, PA!

There's something special about receiving a cozy throw made by your mother. I still have an afghan my mother crocheted for me as a high school graduation gift! It's a bit like having a special hug when you're missing her!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! That came out just perfect!! Katelyn got a pillow like that when she was born and she loooooooved pulling on the little tie bits

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellyamc, post: 103931
    Wow! That came out just perfect!! Katelyn got a pillow like that when she was born and she loooooooved pulling on the little tie bits
    Thats why it took me 2 hours instead of 1...dear god I am seriously OCD about some stuff..the panel ones (like the one I have pictured here) you reall have to watch where you are cutting (if you are doing 2 panel blankets, usually people put a solid color on the backs)to make sure you arent cutting past the border..Ill try and get my daughters done tonight and take pics to show you one without borders! Hers is going to be GORGOROUS!! I may do these for christmas next year for my family!

Post Thanks / Like
    cool! Not ever seen those before.

Post Thanks / Like
    I finished my daughters last night! I also wrapped an older throw pillow with the left over material with the same tie technique! Geesh! Wow..Im so proud of myself!

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's one I got from my older son for Christmas a couple of years ago. He won it on an annual TV charity auction. Nathanael calls it my "guay". That is what he calls his special blanket. He'll bring it to me and say, "Here's your guay, Grandma".
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is my daughters with the pillow!

I think the reason I just got so into these is because 1. its not perfect and 2. I can get it done in 1 night!

Once the cutting is done and I tie off the corners I can sit on the couch and finish tying the sides!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast