Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever do those tie/no sew blankets?

Post Thanks / Like
    Its for the corners..this confused the heck out of me too..until I did it...then it made sense!

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoAlice, post: 104136
    Its for the corners..this confused the heck out of me too..until I did it...then it made sense!

so you actually cut the square and discard it? sorry - i still can't picture it! i've been checking your pics and can't figure the corners out

sorry to be a pain but i just thought i'd like to try some for the kiddies and young people for next christmas - i think they'd be really cool!

Post Thanks / Like
    hang on - i think i may have it!

so you make a cut on the short edge a little way in from the corner, then you make another cut round the corner on the long edge but not so as to cut out the square but just enough to make the cuts almost meet?

Post Thanks / Like
    This is what it looks like before you start tieing them together

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    How do you keep the edges from buckling when you are tying them?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    oh excellent, i get it now - so you *do* discard the corners! thank you for posting that PA!

any chance of a step by step video guide!

Post Thanks / Like
    what do you mean buckling tink? video? have you lost your mind?

Post Thanks / Like
    Never mind. :) Dorothy answered my question for me. :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoAlice, post: 104283
    what do you mean buckling tink? video? have you lost your mind?

yeah, a long long time ago!

Post Thanks / Like
    Those are lovely. What sort of size are they? I will have to look out for some nice fleece material over here or that will be another caseload of stuff from Walmart crossing the Atlantic. Those would make great Christmas presents.
    ~ don't you just love smilies & tickers ~

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast