Quote Originally Posted by kazzaqld, post: 104388
    Aww that just tugs at your heartstrings
    lots of love and prayers for everyone concerned,
    for you too Kazza must be heartbreaking to watch this all going on
    Love Jacqui xxxx

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nannav, post: 104847
    I feel really sick been trying to find out how close this is to my family but cant Ive emailed my cousin and am waiting for a reply they live near dandenong in victoria but no idea how near or far it is away from this nightmare
    Nannav - if you want to PM me I'm happy to call them for you. My Victorian geography skills are not the best but it looks to me that they would have been safely far away!

Let me know - I know it'll help to be reassured!
    Next trip - Bali! (March 2015)

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizneyblonde, post: 104994
    I had an email form my Uncle and my parents have spoken to him.

They know a lot of people who have been affected directly and some have lost everything.
    My cousin was evacuated from her house but as the roads were closed couldn't go anywhere and had to sit it out and hope for the best.

A local wildlife park had it's endangered species moved out but couldn't save all of the animals as there were just too many to find homes for.
    No one has been able to go back and see how things are there yet.

My Uncle is a church minister so is working very closely with the church and comminity to do what he can.

He just wants us all to keep them in our prayers.
    I'm very glad you've heard from them, DB - and that they are safe! Your poor cousin!

About a million animals are thought to have been killed. They managed to evacuate all the animals at Healesville sanctuary but some of the smaller ones didn't have all the resources to move everyone quickly.

I went to Healesville on a school field trip in <year edited to protect my age> when we lived in Melbourne. Hearing about that really personalised it.
    Next trip - Bali! (March 2015)

Post Thanks / Like
    It's a big relief, isn't it? Knowing they are safe, I mean Teresa.

Kazza, it's just so darn sad, isn't it? There are no real words, and nothing to truly do just feel terribly sad. :(

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kazzaqld, post: 105064
    Nannav - if you want to PM me I'm happy to call them for you. My Victorian geography skills are not the best but it looks to me that they would have been safely far away!

Let me know - I know it'll help to be reassured!
    Thankyou for that hoping my parents have a phone number to phone my cousin keeps in contact by email i hope you are right will let you know if any news no email yet just spoke to my dad he has been following it all on his map and agrees with you they are away from fire thank god though his two brothers hes not sure about were they live one used to live in the mountains were puffin billy is he used to drive it so hopefully will hear they ok too

Post Thanks / Like
    DB, glad your family is okay. As your uncle says, we need to keep everyone in our thoughts and prayers.

nannav, hope your family is safe.

Post Thanks / Like
    & prayers for everyone in Austrailia .
    On the news last night , a firefighter walked by a Koala . He said the Koala looked at him like please help me . The firefighter shared his bottle of with the Koala . He actually held the bottle , like we would and drank from it . Afterwards, he put his hands out to the Koala and the Koala raised his arms back to be picked up and safely carried away . Iy was the sweetest thing I've ever seen . I LoVe Koala Bears .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker, post: 105297
    & prayers for everyone in Austrailia .
    On the news last night , a firefighter walked by a Koala . He said the Koala looked at him like please help me . The firefighter shared his bottle of with the Koala . He actually held the bottle , like we would and drank from it . Afterwards, he put his hands out to the Koala and the Koala raised his arms back to be picked up and safely carried away . Iy was the sweetest thing I've ever seen . I LoVe Koala Bears .
    What an amazing but very sad story. I hope anyone that has families out there get good news.

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't see the previous picture posted . that was what I saw , the Koala had the firemans hand as he held the bottle and the koala drank . How Sweet ! I did hear an update that the koala had 3rd degree burns to its paws and was being treated and he's in good shape .

Post Thanks / Like
    that poor Koala is famous now - such a tender moment between the firefighter and the Koala in the devastation that surrounded them.

i understand someone has been arrested?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast