Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINK!!!! Lookie!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    "Smiddicks."

I love the inscription, but you knew I would! :D :D Beautiful fire! Don't you just love stone fireplaces?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    YES!! That's how he said it!! I told him I thought some of Long Island Sound had leaked into his brain

I knew you would! I did.

I do love stone fireworks, that's one of the top things on our list for improvements around our new home...replace the bricks on our fireplace with fieldstone....I love the way it looks...

Post Thanks / Like
    One of the many things I love about Ireland are the many fieldstone walls/fences that adorn the land.

Smiddicks is good, by the way. So is Bass. And Boddington's. :D :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    My favorite houses have the stone work.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ooooo, doesn't that look cosy and romantic? :D

And of course it would've reminded me of Tink straight away too...strange how anything traditionally Irish reminds me of a lady across the pond in Orlando

I had to look up what you meant by fieldstone...it's the smaller uneven stones round the fireplace rather that the stone the lintel is made of, right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ha I have had alot of fun watching and listening to DH trying to pronounce the names of our cities... Wooster is one he couldn't get and Norwich... he kept saying Norwick and I have taught him it's pronounced Norridge as in porridge.... lol...

Post Thanks / Like
    Guinness should be up there with Marmite. Tis nasty stuff. Come to think of it l dislike most commonly known irish foods. Soda bread, Guinness , Black and white pudding. .........................oh l do like potatoes and cabbage and irish toffee.
    Sorry Tink
    I also have the irish ability to drink far to much and not suffer a hangover. Which in sincere truth is not a good thing as l always remember what i did do the night before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Well now Siobhan, we've all our own tastes, right? :D I must say, I can't agree with you on the Guinness, or the black pudding. :D I've even had a couple of versions of soda bread that I liked. :D

Herself has that very same ability! I missed that gene... :(

Yes Deb, fieldstone is the decorative front of the fireplace. It used to come from the fields (cleared by farmers so they could plow) hence the name. There is river rock and river stones too. Different sizes...

We do love our Irish! :D

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks lovely - I had to look up what the inscription meant but once you know it's obvious really :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    We have a small stone (slate actually, thin and rectangular) with this inscription hanging in the entry of our front door.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast