Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anyone doing something nice for Valentines?

Post Thanks / Like
    How will you be celebrating?

We'll be having a quiet meal at home

Post Thanks / Like
    Normally we would be going out for a nice Italian meal at a local restaurant. But this year I will be flying home from Germany.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Probably a nice meal at home. Restaurants here boost their prices on valentines and they're so busy that the service and food quality goes waaayyyy down
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    We did intend to go out for a meal, but as we are both a bit tired and stressed from work a little at the moment we have decided to save the money and stay in and relax. We are going to cook a nice meal together and treat ourselves to a bottle of very nice champagne that has been waiting for a special occasion :)

I expect I will get a bouquet of flowers too ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 104500
    Probably a nice meal at home. Restaurants here boost their prices on valentines and they're so busy that the service and food quality goes waaayyyy down
    Keith, that was one of the things that swayed our decision on going out too...the restaurants we like charge a lot more at this time for a meal that actually has a lot less choices than normal, and certainly has nothing more special on it that it usually does

Post Thanks / Like
    May I tell you after the fact? It's a bit of a surprise and I don't want to run the risk of spoiling it by saying anything right now?

I will tell you that it does involve spending time together, the potential for a nice meal, and lovely walk (all favorite things of ours). :D

There'll be no chocolate.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    i will be spending the evening with my children - DH is working!

Post Thanks / Like
    I will be studying Stats II and enjoying my first Valentines alone in 10 years. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 104585
    I will be studying Stats II and enjoying my first Valentines alone in 10 years. :D
    Stats II as in Statistics?

My ex and I never observed Valentine's Day--one or both of us always seemed to be working. We usually just selected our own special dates to celebrate. Weird, I know. Worked for us--and has nothing to do with the fact that we are "ex" status!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep Taja...Statistics, just the second class of it. Once this semester is over I am through with Stats.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast