Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chinese food in Orlando?

Post Thanks / Like
    I loved that film and really like the new film too. They had (when the new film was first out) an incredible display of artifacts representing some of the many ethnic groups in China. It was really well done and very informative.

That's the EPCOT I love, the place that introduces you to new things about different cultures and countries.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneybumble, post: 104843
    Don't agree on the power and gov of the country.
    You are so correct here.
    One day we were taken around Beijing for a bit of site seeing and when we arrived at Tienanmen Square I asked our interpretor exactly where that iconic "weaving tank" episode took place during the [then] recent student protests.
    The interpretor hadn`t a clue what I was referring to. She was totally oblivious to the protests as there had been a total news black out of the event on the Chinese tv!

Post Thanks / Like
    Same thing with Herself. There was a small faction of academic Chinese who knew they were coming. They were bombarded with questions (when they believed themselves to be in private) regarding such things. The US contingent was astonished and honestly saddened at how little the academics knew of the outside world. (This too was in Beijing).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 105237
    The US contingent was astonished and honestly saddened at how little the academics knew of the outside world.
    On the other hand Tink, the Chinese students [one of whom was our interpretor] were very knowledgeable regarding English Literature.
    She kept quizzing me about the works of Chaucer and Shakespeare etc. which made me show her my ignorance!
    I found out that she also enjoyed the music of Eric Clapton and found it very amusing how she pronounced his surname....substitute the "l" for a"r" and you`ll get my drift.

Post Thanks / Like
    Love the accents! :D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12