Thread: Are the Disney safes large enough for a laptop?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thsi is why I wanted a smaller laptop but no we had to get a huge one :( will the safes hold a normal sized laptop and if not where is it safest to store it when we're out all day?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have stayed at ASMo and POR and neither safe wold have fit a laptop - they are more like a hole in the wall and would fit passports, money, jewellery etc.

I think a lot of people would lock it in their cases under the beds.

Not sure if front desk have a way of storing valuables.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I've not seen a safe at WDW resorts that would hold a laptop. I've left mine in a dresser drawer (out of sight, was the intent) with no problems.

You can always leave it at the front desk and ask that it be locked in their safe. Not really convenient though.

Locking it in a suitcase would be another option.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I lock my laptop in my checked bag. I bring one of the old combination locks to use in the room rather than one of the newer TSA locks. It lives in my geek bag, so it always travels when I do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hell no.... you will die laughing when you see the *safe* I know I did!

Post Thanks / Like
    The Disney safes have room for a small camera, passports, wallet, that's about it. No way would a laptop fit in there. We've left ours in a case in the closet without a problem. I'm not sure insurance would cover a stolen laptop which wasn't locked away though.

Many offsite hotels have safes large enough to take a laptop and all the other valuables you're likely to carry.
    ~ don't you just love smilies & tickers ~