Thread: Disney Magical Express cuts back on luggage tags

Post Thanks / Like
    Effective February 10 2009, Disney's Magical Express will now mail one luggage tag per person. If you need additional tags, you can contact Disney's Magical Express at 866-599-0951.

Post Thanks / Like
    Really? Things that tight, I wonder?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe its not that things are that tight..its just the airlines are still charging for luggage so people are using less luggage..so whats the point of sending 2 each? its just waste to send so many.

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoAlice, post: 104762
    Maybe its not that things are that tight..its just the airlines are still charging for luggage so people are using less luggage..so whats the point of sending 2 each? its just waste to send so many.
    The thing to bear in mind though is that most UK visitors go on vacation for 2 weeks or so, therefore 2 cases are essential for all the clothes you need plus the items you will be bringing back home...especially if my DW is anything to go by that is!

Post Thanks / Like
    If you need additional tags, you can contact Disney's Magical Express at 866-599-0951.
    I hear ya on that...however they didnt say you couldnt have any more than 1 each..they just want you to ask for them! Wonder if they are charging for the others?

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    I've read that they will not be sending anything out to the UK, you'll have to collect your luggage tags and transport voucher at the airport when you arrive.
    ~ don't you just love smilies & tickers ~

Post Thanks / Like
    i think it's a good way of both saving money and valuable resources, if every company / person did that with one thing it would really have an effect. They said you could ask for more so they're not denying anyone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Makes sense. Southwest is one of the few domestic airlines that doesn't charge for the first two checked bags--as long as they're within the required size and weight! :)

Post Thanks / Like
    The problem for overseas guests is that you won't have any tags to put on your bags so you will need to collect your luggage and do the double bag drop thing then pitch up at the DME desk with your luggage and then put the tags they will give you on your bags and hand them over so Disney can deliver them to your resort in a few hours. You might as well take them with you on the coach yourself.

It doesn't seem so magical now :(
    ~ don't you just love smilies & tickers ~

Post Thanks / Like
    Well it's still free so I suppose they think it's magical.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!