Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Freedom to Marry Week

Post Thanks / Like
    May I share this with you? In this month traditionally for love and lovers, I'd like to share this link that features ten couples. They are same gendered couples in committed relationships. Seven conversations in seven days. The conversation is about the need for the freedom for all Americans to marry. I offer this 'conversation' to you.

http://www.10couples.org/stories.php?cv=Steve

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll have to watch it tomorrow My speakers aren't hooked up at home.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for sharing with us They are all beautiful. Mark reminds me of a dear friend of mine...

I think I am most touched by the "older" couples. I'm trying to put my finger on why, but the reasoning escapes me at the moment...they are simply beautiful and strong.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear god.... it's heartrending :( I had no idea the difficulties that are faced :( I feel like the world is so backward still.

Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately I will not be able to see this until I get back to the states.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    What do we have to do to show that not everybody fits the same mould, Thank G-d. And every person should share the same rights.
    Equality is a right ,not a privilege.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneybumble, post: 104795
    Equality is a right ,not a privilege.
    Absolutely......

Post Thanks / Like
    Lovely Tink.
    As one of them said, love is love is love.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, that is true. It's important to know the complications that these couples (and all other couples of the same gender) face every day directly because they are not allowed to marry.

There are many folks out there who believe that some of the protections of marriage can be approximated with certain legal documents (health care surrogate, etc.) but as you see it's not that simple, and often not that effective.

The couple who experienced the health crisis where the one partner had 20 minutes to survive...that the other partner had to waste some of those precious minutes arguing with people over whether or not she could make decisions to save the life of her partner absolutely terrifies me.

Thank you all for taking the time to view the videos. I know it does end up being long if you view them one right after another.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry I'm not so good with words, but here goes

sometimes when i have to deal with household things - credit cards, utility bills and the like - the company in question will either not speak to me, will run through like a hundred security questions or have to gain DH permission to discuss anything with me.....that drives me mad and makes me feel like a second class citizen, and that is bad enough.

not being able to have any say whatsoever in a life or death situation involving your life partner - well, it's downright outrageous. I just cannot comprehend this attitude.......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast