Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Talk to me about Blackberrys

Post Thanks / Like
    On Friday i can upgrade my phone. Now i would like an iphone but can't as i want to stay with vodafone. So what do people know about the new blackberry smartphone. Have always had Nokia phones as i just love them.
    I really am your basic txt and call people user. Though i do fancy having web access. But any advice taken.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't know much about them, but we looked at one for Herself (as I have a Verizon pocket PC) and it was unbearably slow compared to the one I have. So, we didn't get it.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Tink. Was it bulky ,like you wouldn't want to keep it in your jean pocket.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    ok this is my day job we're even official blackberry partners and so I say this to you from knowledge, experience and opinion too

Unless you're in a business and you're buying 20 or so of the things, don't go there.

Im sure voda are commissioned to sell them because everyones getting them but theyre as far from nokia as you can get.

They're slow, relative to nokia, unintuitive and inconsistent in how they work.

I could go on and on. They DO have some great email/management features but they're far from the best personal phone you could get.

(ps. you can get unlocked iphones from ebay which would work on voda)
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you Keith.
    What would you suggest then Keith. I have looked athe N96 or 5 but they seemed huge.. See i am useless.What should i go for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 104818
    ok this is my day job we're even official blackberry partners and so I say this to you from knowledge, experience and opinion too

Unless you're in a business and you're buying 20 or so of the things, don't go there.

Im sure voda are commissioned to sell them because everyones getting them but theyre as far from nokia as you can get.

They're slow, relative to nokia, unintuitive and inconsistent in how they work.

I could go on and on. They DO have some great email/management features but they're far from the best personal phone you could get.
    What Keith said! I too have had to use Blackberries in my day job for the past two years. Nothing gave me greater pleasure than when I was able to cancel the account a few weeks ago and throw the thing in the trash. Like Keith said, may be fine for business but certainly not for personal use.

For my own personal use, I've got an iPhone. Even changed carriers so that I could get it.

You can have it when you pry my cold, dead, fingers off it. It's that good.

Liked it so much that I even bought one for my DW. She hates technology but still thinks her iPhone is cool!

Tom (no, he's not a commercial. Really)

Post Thanks / Like
    The Blackberry we looked at would not be good in a jean pocket. We've been Nokia folk until our current (Samsung and never again) phones. We'll be looking at Nokia again soon. The pocket pc I have is my employer's.

Listen to Keith! He's my personal Electronics Consultant and I'll happily share him with you. 'K Keith? :wink:

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    erm
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    :wink:

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Blackberry Pearl. It has taken me weeks to get use to texting on it but got there now and i now quite like this strange way of texting. The camera is pants. I have yet to work out how to email on it and i am sure there is lots that can be done on it that i have not worked out. Dh has an I phone which he loves. I like the use of the internet on it but thats about it. I use to have the Nokia N95 and i loved it. It has a fantastic camera on it and quite a easy phone to use. I prefer the N95 to the N96 as the N96 seems a bit plastic to me. I sold my Nokia to an online phone buyer and got 110 for it. I did for a while think of selling my Blackberry which was brand new but all they would give me for it was 18 which says it all. Saying that i do quite like the Blackberry now that i have gotten use to it. Would i have one on my next new contract no.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast