Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gardisil vaccine

Post Thanks / Like
    My mother called and has absolutely scared me to death.

Apparently there have been a number of deaths associated with this vaccination. Do you guys know what this is? It's the cervical cancer vaccination targeted at teenaged girls.

Alysia has had this series of shots in 2008. Her last shot was in June. I've been trying to do some research but really am not processing much clearly at the moment due to panic. Her PCP really pushed getting the shots. It has been heavily marketed and apparently aggressively pushed but apparently it is not fully tested till sometime this year!

I feel so stupid. I truly didn't do a lot of research. I read the marketing materials and trusted the doctor.

Thanks for listening. I'm off to do more research and praying that my child doesn't die.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    please don't feel stupid.....There is no "how to" manual for how and what we do for and with our kids. You may find pre existing conditions that she does not have...it could be your mom saw one article with a few linked and panic set in...blew up the article and she called. Take a deep breath....
    One great pair of shoes can change your life.~~Cinderella
    Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says " ! She's up!!"

:muahaha:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mom saw something on the news about 29 deaths being related to it. Enough information to make me freak out

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    ooooo, I can see why you'd be concerned .

Post Thanks / Like
    then we look it up and see what is what. Huge hugs darlin...it will be alright.
    Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says " ! She's up!!"

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks hon. I am trying to not freak out. From what I am reading so far, it seems that those who have died did so very close to the injection. I'm hoping we are in a safe zone now.

You know, I read all this stuff now about people not vaccinating their babies because they think it can cause autism. I never even questioned having Alysia vaccinated as a baby. Now, I don't have any idea whether the two are related. i wonder if I would more vigilant if I was a new mom now?

Post Thanks / Like
    ok so far the 3 articles I have found say the girls died within 24 to 48 hours after the first dose. I'm not finding anything on anyone passing away after this long.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm still not finding anything beyound the first few days after the initial injection. But if you are still worried have her checked out. It couldn't hurt :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for looking. So far, I am finding the same results.

Post Thanks / Like
    that's what friends do :)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast