Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gardisil vaccine

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh no, I never forbid anything. I know how the teen mind thinks. You forbid it, they go and do it. I've had my mother talk to her about the lying that the recruiters do.

I completely agree that the military is a wonderful option for some people.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    What happened to being a cosmetologist at Disney then?

By the way - she's fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Johnie. My DD Zoe has had 2 shots already and is expected to have her 3rd in May. This was not an easy decision to make but l have to say Dr Skywatcher gave me some valuable advice.
    In the UK we have a minor celeb going through a very aggressive cervical cancer and unfortunately is doesn't look like she will make it. This celeb is 27 and to know that l am giving my DD some protection against this is such good news.
    The stats that you are reading, you know behind these deaths of these girls there will be other health issues.
    Hey l am not saying don't worry because l am right up there with you.
    Don't know if l am being helpful Johnie but just wanted to say l feel it because it worries me to , and in 10 years time they will say those shots were bad. But i have to live today and see Zoe is healthy and l would go insane if she hadn't of had these shots and then the worse did happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Whew! That is the absolute truth, Johnie. Recruiters are masters at misrepresentation. :(

Siobhan.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 105159
    What happened to being a cosmetologist at Disney then?

By the way - she's fine.
    That is back on She seemed to be having a mid life crisis at 17. There was the military thing. Then she decided she wanted to work with the elderly due to job security.

Thank you Siobhan

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just wanted to pass on some for you Johnie.

It's not a mid-life crisis, it's just a "wow, I'm an adult" crisis!
    xxoo Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    Being a cosmetologist and obtaining a license to work in nursing homes and other licensed settings (assisted living, etc.) is very lucrative. She could then do both, have job security and work with the elderly. She would NOT be up on the most recent hair styles though! :D Not disparaging our elders but they have very definite opinions on what constitutes a visit to the "hair dresser." :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    You might be right about that Rosie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 105240
    Being a cosmetologist and obtaining a license to work in nursing homes and other licensed settings (assisted living, etc.) is very lucrative. She could then do both, have job security and work with the elderly. She would NOT be up on the most recent hair styles though! :D Not disparaging our elders but they have very definite opinions on what constitutes a visit to the "hair dresser." :D
    This is very true. My Aunt is a hair dresser with a small shop out of her home. She goes 3 days a week and does hair for the elderly and home-bound in her area and she has more people than she can handle. She always has appointments and does a really good business.

Post Thanks / Like
    It takes a special person to do that, Shellyamc. Both work with the elderly and do home visits for hair. It's hard work.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast