Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Gardisil vaccine

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 105132
    We, ok well just me apparently, had a military scare this past week. She took the military test and scored extremely well. All branches of the military are beating down our door. This mommy was not happy. I think we are past the allure again (this was a huge issue when she was in the 9th grade too).

She wants to serve her country in some way. I am very proud of that but I feel there are many ways to do that without the military. So we are looking at options.....
    Peace Corps? Or something along those lines. There also are community service options geared toward the inner city.

Glad you're supporting her voyage of discovery, Johnie--even if she gives you momentary heart failure occasionally! Having your mother available for the military information is far more valuable than you nagging--ummmmm...vehemently discussing--that option with her. :)

And even happier that she's back to thinking about civilian alternatives!

Post Thanks / Like
    Remind me not to tell you all that my son is joining the Marines....

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    Now Sarah, the military is a great option for many, many people. I just don't want my daughter going because I am selfish and will be a total basketcase the entire time she is there. There is a reason I never dated anyone in the military.

We're actually looking at thing called www.cityyear.org It's 10 months, they get $200 a week, almost $5K for education when they complete it, a metro card if they are in a city with public transportation.

I looked up the info for the Peace Corps and I swear I want to do it myself!

I did tell her if she truly wanted job security then she should go do hair and makeup for the recently deceased. She wasn't keen on that idea.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel so stupid. I truly didn't do a lot of research. I read the marketing materials and trusted the doctor.
    Hun you have done nothing more than any of us parents would do. I was only kicking myself last week for not doing a through search on the internet for VNS, if i had she would never of had the surgery to start with. We are all brought up to believe that doctors and these drug companies are telling us the whole truth. I hope all is ok and i am sure it would of happend around the time of the injections.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 105319
    Now Sarah, the military is a great option for many, many people. I just don't want my daughter going because I am selfish and will be a total basketcase the entire time she is there. There is a reason I never dated anyone in the military.

We're actually looking at thing called www.cityyear.org It's 10 months, they get $200 a week, almost $5K for education when they complete it, a metro card if they are in a city with public transportation.

I looked up the info for the Peace Corps and I swear I want to do it myself!

I did tell her if she truly wanted job security then she should go do hair and makeup for the recently deceased. She wasn't keen on that idea.
    I know that you know that my son is going in...and you know how i feel. I understand your selfishness. I want to feel that way. but I taught this kid how to be independent (not that you havent ... I know differently) and to do his own thing. How can I not be anything other than supportive of his decission? This is the same kid who wanted nothing to do with the military just a few short years ago. After everything we have been thru I really didnt blame him. We even signed papers that said that the military can not get in touch with him. This was his decission. He did not have any outside voices saying he should. He knows what its about. he knows what is expected and that some of the things the recruiters are saying is BS. But he still wants to go. He wants to go and do what is right for his country.

But of course Im the type of person who thinks that all people should serve in some sort of military for 3 years. If it being the AF, Army, Navy, Marines, Coast Gaurd, Peace Corps.

About the hair and make up for the recently deceased..when I was a cosmetologist I tried that...I just couldnt do it...it freaked me out. It takes a special kind of person for that

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    I beleive that everyone should serve their country in some way too I just think there are lots of other ways to do it as well.

Alysia agreed with you about the recently deceased!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Another very lucretive part of cosmetologist of learning to help cover up scars, burns, etc. I have a friend who wants to get into this and it's because a friend of hers had a son come home from Iraq with the most awful bomb scars on his face that makeup would cover up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, I've told her she could make lots of money with people with disfigurements.

There is a hair salon sort of place down at the teaching hospital that caters to people who have lost hair, eyebrows, lashes to chemo. I told her she should look into that as well.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234