Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pookie Update 2/11/09

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I am still alive!! I'm sorry I have been quiet lately and thank you so much to those who sent messages checking up on me!! It made me feel very loved The truth of the matter is I'm huge and it is getting really uncomfortable to be sitting down If I could get through my day without wearing pants, I would be happy girl.

So we were off to the doctors office today. I almost died when I got on the scale, but the nurse reminded me that I'm really only up 3 lbs. She also told me that I didn't want a skinny little baby and to not worry about it. She seemed to be pretty sure of what she was talking about. Everything tested perfect and I have no signs at all of early labor. Pookie's heartbeat is very strong and the doctor had a good time laughing at my distorted belly See my problem is that instead of just kicking, Pookie likes to plant his feet and PUSH as hard as he can. Most points in the day I have feet or a little rear sticking out of my side. It is far more uncomfortable than kicking, but I do like to freak Dh out with it. So I have another appointment in 2 weeks and I should be going for a sono soon after to see what position he is in. I am pretty sure that he is head down because that is where I feel the hiccups, but it will be nice to know for sure.

So there ya go :) Our update. Katelyn's big girl room is all done and she has moved right in, so I will be posting pictures of that ASAP. So on Friday Dh and I are going shopping for Pookie things so we can get his room all ready and then we just get to wait! Hooray!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh wow! It's getting so close!!! Thanks for the update hon

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh gosh, you sound so uncomfortable! Couldn't you wear a big flowy dress instead of pants, or is it just too cold for that?

Will be looking forward to seeing the photos of the room.

Take care now and do whatever you need to be comfortable!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 105139
    Oh gosh, you sound so uncomfortable! Couldn't you wear a big flowy dress instead of pants, or is it just too cold for that?

Will be looking forward to seeing the photos of the room.

Take care now and do whatever you need to be comfortable!
    I do have a few dresses/skirts that I have been wearing out, and that does seem to help a bit. I am just carrying this baby so differently then I carried Katelyn. I never got maternity stuff with her and I think this time I really needed some. It seems silly to get stuff with only a few weeks left, so I have been making due. I think I might make a run to the store and get a few pairs of good old sweatpants for the last few doctors visits and the trip to and from the hospital

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yea..I remember those days...with my daughter she was cake..she didnt get in any weird positions..with my son, goodness..I would have bruises on my stomach because he thought that he would use my uterus as a bench press..almost done sweetie...soon youll be holding that little man and he wont be in confined quarters!

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    Pleased to hear everything is going well with Pookie

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to hear from you Shelly. Pookie is doing well, which is great news. I hope things can go on this well until the little man is ready to see the world.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    The sweat pants sound like a good idea. You'll only need a couple pair and they will be nice for after the little linebacker is born. :D

I don't know how you feel about it, but you could always drop by "Macy's of Ilion" :D (SA) and see if they have anything to get through a couple of weeks. You might get lucky and find something!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    sweat pants sound good Shelly. i remember with both of mine i just had to wear big old dresses for comfort.

i'm so glad everythings going well, i'll bet Katelyn loves her room doesn't she ( sorry i spelt her name wrong in my pm - i just knew it wasn't right when i typed it! ) - can't wait to see pictures of it!

take care hunny

Post Thanks / Like
    Your pregnancy is passing so quickly athough i guess not for you. So pleased to hear you are both doing so well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast