Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A charcoal canister

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone know what this is? Apparently it is a part of my car that needs to be replaced.......part of the emissions system it seems.

Anyone car to venture how much this little beauty costs to replace?

$575!!!

I wonder if I could just shove a charcoal briquette up there instead?

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Its a catalytic converter which is a filter filled with catalysts which react with the exhaust fumes and neutrallise them.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just googled it and it seems to quite a common problem with Toyotas.

Of course it's part of the catalytic converter. I had a Ford once that had THREE catalytic converters on it and they all needed to be replaced. That was one expensive repair bill!!!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    You really just have a Jack Daniels distillery in there....

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    ok seriously.....do you have any idea how long it took me to get that comment? I finally get it and it's funny

Post Thanks / Like
    OUCH!!! That's a lot of moolah

Post Thanks / Like
    and apaprently the only thing this is good for is gas mileage.

Did you get PA's comment? Or am I the only one having a blonde moment?

Post Thanks / Like
    LMAO...well at least you got it and thats all that matters...confusion and mayhem rule...my job is done here...

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    How old is your car Johnie and how many miles do you have on it?

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry to jump your thread johnie but i have just had my van serviced , it is 4 years old now and i needed my first set of replacement window wipers thanks good ness they last 4 years cause a set of 3 , 2 front 1 rear , cost a staggering 50 -not fitted just the wipers flipping heck
    steve

oops forgot to say it is a mercedes and the only ones that fit are genuine parts .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast