Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A few questions about american drinks

Post Thanks / Like
    A&W root beer is THE best

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sainsburys here sells root beer, Dr Pepper and iced tea. When in Florida I have to ask for the raspberry iced tea because the regular stuff is not sweet and tastes vile.... but if you buy the iced tea in a supermarket it is usually sweet and tastes delish very very cold. Code Red Mountain Dew is my favourite... they also sell alot of grape flavoured drinks there that we don't have here...different. I think Dr Pepper tastes like marzipan., almond.

Believe me you will be so dazzled by the different kinds of drinks on display.... even those Capri Suns come in flavours we haven't heard of here! Confused?.... You will be!

Post Thanks / Like
    I love sun tea, it's just the best.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet tea for me!

Im a southern girl if only by heart...

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    Our McDonalds still sells rootbeer as do several other chains near us. We also still have a drive in *Rootbeer Stand* that is locally owned. It must just be a regional thing.

"Always take a banana to a party." :banana1:

Post Thanks / Like
    THE best rootbeer is IBC! There is a local brewery near Shellyamc that makes 1886 (or 1876?) Tavern rootbeer. It's quite good too. Most rootbeers do not have caffeine which makes them a favorite for children. Barqs has caffeine though, so beware.

Mountain Dew is vile stuff. Loads of caffeine and icky yellow color.

Dr. Pepper tastes like no other, sorry! It's a Pepsi product so you won't find it at WDW. I will drink a diet Dr. Pepper once in awhile.

Koolaid is nasty. It's loaded with sugar (either off the shelf, or you add it) and chemical dyes.

Iced tea is a love or hate thing, for the British. Our Wendy despises it! I don't like it with sugar, but I do like it with mint.

There are loads of bottled soft drinks here, most of which are seriously not good for you.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Mmmm Mint Iced tea from Morrocco....

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, it depends on what part of the country it is bottled in....Dr Pepper can be bottled by Coke or Pepsi. And cherry coke is nothing like Dr Pepper! Dr Pepper is sort of spicy and oh soooo good.

Mt. Dew actually makes me sorta ill. Too much caffeine.

Stewarts makes the best root bear IMO.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    oh! Tea.....

sweet tea is a southern thing. For some reason you are not going to find it in FL with the exception of McDonalds and Chick Filet. Sweet tea is made by boiling the tea and adding a ton of sugar while the tea is stil hot (only way to dissolve all the sugar). Then you chill it. I like my sweet tea with lemon.

Unsweet tea is well unsweetened and vile. YOu have to add sugar or whatever you use to it.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Our McDonalds has root beer too so maybe it's a midwest thing. We have these drive in places called Dog N Suds which has nasty greasy food, but the best root beer around

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast