Thread: FAO Dawn or other gardeners!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a spare sun-tunnel now that I have just bought the tortoises a new miniture greenhouse cloche thingy...

What vegetables or fruit can I grow in a little sun-tunnel (about the heigh of a polytunnel, but not as long). It's basically a cloche but it is a bit longer.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    How high is it?

Post Thanks / Like
    That is it, but it is rested on log-roll there as it needed to be raised to allow the torts in.

(This was in the summer... they are still in the fridge)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Re: FAO Josh

here is my new one that I got for my torts :D
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Post Thanks / Like
    OK well you'd probably need to cut the ends out to let air in to start with.

How about lettuce. They are easy. Or a few strawberry plants. Or carrots, spring onions, or herbs. What do the torts eat?

Post Thanks / Like
    It has some little vents in... will these not do? I don't mind cuttinng some more vents in anyway but just wondered!
    The torts eat weeds LOL. Salads don't have proper nutrition in them and are only any use if you are over-wintering tortoises and can't get them any weeds (2nd best really) They eat stuff such as dandelions, plantain, clover, nipplewort (lol), sowthistle, milkthistle, red clover, white clover. There are a few flowers that they eat but these are easier to buy from than grow from seed; Pansies etc.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Post Thanks / Like
    As long as air can ventilate the tunnel it will be fine. I mean really you can grow anything that doesn't get too tall for the tunnel in there.

Post Thanks / Like
    That would be perfect for herbs. Basil (there are loads of varieties) flat leaf parsley, greek oregano, my absolute favorite, lemon thyme (there are loads of different thymes too)...any actually.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle