Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forgot to mention...

Post Thanks / Like
    Ooh no I can't be doing with any of that fiddling with my eyes.

I like my glasses - they make me look intelligent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaw, post: 107209
    Glad you are getting on with them

I remember the first time I got contacts - I actually had to hold on to somebody to walk for a while as it felt so wierd so suddenly be able to see properly!
    It's wierd isn't it- totally freaky feeling knowing that you can see WITHOUT glasses!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I admire folks who wear contact lenses as I only have to think about eyes and my eyes start watering!
    Fortunately I only have to wear spectacles for reading or close up work so it`s not a big issue to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fantastic news Josh :) My Son hated them at first and now...he can't stand the thought of going back to glasses :)
    One great pair of shoes can change your life.~~Cinderella
    Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says " ! She's up!!"

:muahaha:

Post Thanks / Like
    Good for you, Josh!

I've been wearing contacts since age 12--hard lenses were the only ones available. Took about 3 months to transition to them. I wear RGP (Rigid Gas Permeable) lenses now--can't wear the soft ones. Glasses just don't work well for me--I need trifocals! Never managed to adapt to bifocals, much less trifocals!

Post Thanks / Like
    What are the RPG ones like? are they hard? My contacts are basically like wet plastic.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I got my contacts at 17 as that was when my eyes 'settled down' they are sooo so so much healthier now - good luck my friend i love mine - can go swimming now :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 107394
    What are the RPG ones like? are they hard? My contacts are basically like wet plastic.
    RGP lenses are the contemporary version of hard lenses, Josh. They do allow for better flow of oxygen to the eyes, hence the "gas permeable" tag. They work best for eyes like mine that never settle down--the vision becomes progressively worse if I wear eyeglasses or soft contact lenses. And soft lenses dry my eyes out even more--not sure why.

Post Thanks / Like
    i've been wearing mine or many years now - my eyes do get tired and dry but i prefer them to my spectacles. i feel more confident and "me" with my contacts.....

i don't wear too them much at home these days though, mostly just when i go out.

Post Thanks / Like
    I need varifocals...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12